or Connect

Posts by Copper

I have a coonhound "mix" right from the pound as a puppy. His brother looked like a full blooded black and tan....mine was orange with long hair and blue eyes and sheds terribly (husky/malamute and coon mix). After his puppyhood (he literally chewed the limbs of small trees in my yard) ....he is a dream. He was brought up with my daughter who was 18 months at the time he is now going on 8. People love him...everyone loves him he is very, very laid back.....he loves...
I have 3 dogs right now and 2 of them I clean weekly....I have a Chihuahua mix...her ears never seem to get dirty....my big boy is 88 pounds, has floppy ears and needs them done WEEKLY. My little pug seems to need his done/they get dirty weekly as well. I use "ear wipes". I swear my dogs come running when they seem me grab the bottle out of the cabinet. They are wet wipes and I can get the "stuff" out easily with them. They love it. Took the pug puppy a time or two to...
We have an only she is now 9 and we have homeschooled since K...now going into fourth grade. She likes to be out and about....and sometimes IT IS WORK and time and effort to meet her needs. She has a dance class, has done competitive gymnastics, theater...horse summer camps, theater summer camps (not over night camps), and has a really good friend that she has a lot in commone with that is homeschooled. We see her quite a bit though she lives a town over. We have much...
Thanks so much I am not a sophisticated cook and we are not vegan.....but I am just thrilled that the household is willing to try something different and this seems to what they are gravitating toward. I especially love that oils are healthy we have MS in the family and it is said that olive oil can help give an "anti-inflammatory" effect. Thanks again, I have not had much time explore these options ..thanks for taking the time to answer. We have had a lot of Polish...
Kittywitty we are in Williamson....are we neighbors? Dannic--it sounds like you have tons of options that is great! I am Catholic though we are not attending a church and around here Catholics are not exactly "warmly embraced". LOL ...it took a little while before I understood the deafening silence when I announced that I was Catholic when asked. LOL Definite minority here.
Perhaps I should clarify...I mean "healthy"/lowfat.....as I am sure in any dish or recipe you can go "overboard" dietary wise -- that is why I am looking for ideas. hildare -thanks for the suggestions..do you have any favorite recipe you would like to share?
I pulled my dd out of K (she was there for 4 days)...I submitted a letter stating that I was homeschooling according to the IL "requirements" .......handed it in and never looked back. So they have a "record" of her....we are going into 4th grade now we never had a problem since. Consider yourself lucky ....I am in southern Illinois which is a whole different animal...buckle of the Bible belt. I was raised Catholic.....this area is so different than 6 hours north in IL...
I am really trying to get dh and dd to try different foods. I was really pleased and surprised that they seem to like this kind of food. I need a kind of simple and low fat/healthy cookbook to help me. Any ideas?
Thank you, thankfully puppy is up to date on shots and my senior dog is up to date ....I am paranoid..years ago when we were first married I had two dogs...puppies Doberman and American Bulldog they were both up to date o their shots.....however, somewhere on one of our walks we picked up parvo....took them to the vet right away when the first one was sick and vomiting and everything....they sent my dog home (he nearly died!!!) I learned the hard way that vet clinic did...
I have 3 dogs....I am concerned about our almost 3 year old shelter dog we adopted 2 years ago.....she is a 12 pound Chihuahua mix....she is very sweet, daintly and cat like....she can also be a great ambush predator. She likes to "hunt" birds and squirrles in the backyard. We let them out before we had lunch....I was walking by the glass door and saw she had something in her mouth...it was a baby bird...well youngter I guess it was completely feathered out but not a...