or Connect

Posts by Alannalee

whoops! left a "hole" in my message.....meant to say, the things that differed perhaps between my experience and many, were that, the hospital i was in, was lacking a proper protocol to deal with a long wait, and having not enough anesathists to go around....things of which, i have had meetings with people over, and tried to get answers as to why this happened. they were events that nobody could see coming, this was hard to deal with for everyone, so it was not just...
thanks for the words.....i am hiring a doula for sure, just interviewing right now, i have already set up an all day "birthing from within" intensive for my hubby and me,....it's great to hear about another book, will look that one up and order right away, i ordered birthing from within and vag. birth after c/s experience, already, and actually read birthing from within before my labour and birth with first, in which i had a midwife, student midwife, and amazing husband...
sorry if this is redundent, I don't see my reply posted, so doing it again, ...anyhow. thanks for responding to that part of my email. The fact that I was unable to have the adequate healthcare there for me, in place, even though I pay health care like everyone else here, has defintely been where my anger has come from. so many questions go through my head, still, everynight before I sleep, and that was 23 mos. ago. why didn't anyone try to call in another...
thanks everyone, I was quite surprised at how quickly I got responses from all of you, I will keep in mind the advice. A couple of comments back: I cannot have a homebirth because none of the 7 to 8 midwives in the area will "do" a homebirth VBAC, so unless I have an unassisted homebirth, I am out of luck. This is alright, I believe in my own strengths and wisdom to "make" my birth what It can be, regardless of where it happens, hospital, home, or the back of our suv. ...
Hello all.......I am only early in pregnancy, but I am already being referred to an Anestheologist (sp?) for a consult, in order to understand how epidurals etc. work. I had an emergency c-section with my first, after having to wait for 5 hours at full dialation with no epidural, and an OP and very stuck baby... to get into the OR. I cannot get into the pain factor....it was inhumane. Our boy was the most beautiful thing we've ever seen, healthy and latching on to mama...