or Connect

Posts by sk8boarder15

I found a SMALL solar panel with one battery for $1,500. We are going to get it to power my husbands busking (it will power his amp for over 12 hours on one charge) and it would be enough to charge phones, and laptops during a power outage. Eventually I'd like to get enough dedicated installed panels to power our fridge. 
We were recently feeding Taste of the Wild, great food, but we stitched to a brand called "Great Life" that is extremely nutrient dense. It is very expensive per bag but a bag lasts FOREVER. My dogs are eating half the food they were before, and are looking great. and THEY LOVE IT. 
I have 5 dogs, all chipped and I will chip all future dogs. The risks are slim, very slim. And I have had dogs escape and get lost. In gneral though a collar with a tag is much much more important and effective than a chip as the average person can't read a chip, yet a collar can come off. 
We only buy the tight fitting cotton pajamas becuase they are the only one without flame retardents. They will have a big yellow tag saying NOT FLAME RESISTANT, anything else bothers my sons skin... 
January Spending.    NO SPEND -    Budgeted Spending -    Unbudgeted Spending -    Dec 29 -    Today I spend $9 on a TON (ok 30 gallons) of Pea Gravel for the aquaponics system I'm building, and I spent $7 at the hardware store on a new flapper for the toilet, and drain pipe for the aquaponics grow bed. Pretty good deal on the Pea Gravel, much cheeper than many other options. looked all over to find that price!  I did a good job at meal planning...
We moved here 4 months ago. We live in the Brent wood neighborhood on a large lot (over 1/3rd of an acre). I LOVE it here. I'm very crunchy, and we are totally unschoolers (though my son is only 2). There is an active unschooling group, and SEVERAL homeschooling groups. In the summer and fall these groups have lots of park days and meetups, but they slow down in the winter. Though you can find some of them at OMSI or the Children's Museum. We looked at the suburbs, but...
http://fureverfamilypdx.com/
Oh! I do! I don't know if she goes all the way out to troutdale, shes in SE portland. Search "Fur Ever Family" her name is Amy. She is fantastic with my dog, but watches all animals! 
I left for Dec, knowing It would be too hard with X-mas and our trip to visit family. But now I'm back!    a. I am a SAHM to an amazing 2 year old and five dogs. We recently moved to 1/3acre lot in SE Portland, OR. DH is pursuing his musical career while working at Best Buy. I bring in a decent income though investments, though after buying our house that account is really hurting.    b. Our goal this year is to STICK TO OUR BUDGET. Refinance, work on paying down...
Awesome idea everyone. Gardening is going to be a biggie for us this year. I just ordered a ton of seeds (all heirloom/NonGMO) for $30. I'm almost done setting up my aqauponics set up in the garage to be able to grow year round! Its small, but its something! We will also be having a tradtional garden in the back yard for veggies, and turning our big long flower planters by the driveway into a strawberry patch. We already have blackberries and plums. I'd love to add apple...