or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

We don't use plastic at all (which for us means avoiding more than BPA). I use glass containers to freeze baby food and other stuff. Mine are from the Mighty Nest, but if you google glass freezer containers, you'll get lots of hits.   http://mightynest.com/search/apachesolr_search/glass%20freezer     Good luck !
Don't take this the wrong way, as I know you are probably doing this out of concern and not to be judgemental, but if I was that parent and someone thought I had my child in an unsafe carseat, I would rather they be direct with me. Just tell her you rarely see 6 month olds in seats that look like that and whether she is sure it is safe to use that way. Getting all analytical and crafty about it seems really condescending. There is no way your mom will be able to ask about...
I am going to cross-post in Toddlers since it also concerns my three year old, but I don't really know where this should go...   I am feeling absolutely unbelievably awful and anxious. I don't know if this is post-partum anxiety or if I really have reasons to be concerned. I'll tell my story, and let you guys tell me if Im crazy or not because I really can't decide what is reasonable....   So, I am staying at a friend's house while she is in China with her 9 year...
I am going to cross-post in Life With A Babe since it also concerns my newborn, but I don't really know where this should go...   I am feeling absolutely unbelievably awful and anxious. I don't know if this is post-partum anxiety or if I really have reasons to be concerned. I'll tell my story, and let you guys tell me if Im crazy or not because I really can't decide what is reasonable....   So, I am staying at a friend's house while she is in China with her 9...
With my DS (now 3) we waited until 4 months to start Dtap, and waited until he only needed one dose of Hib (is it 18 months? 15 months? Can't remember...) Now I have a one month old and I am trying to figure out if I can wait that long with the Hib with her.    Here is how I understand Hib....It colonizes the nose and throat and usually stays there. Almost everyone carries it. That's why older kids do not need to be vaccinated, because they are likely already...
Hi wise mamas! I am due to go into labor any day now and my 3 year old will be staying with my mom, so I want to make sure I get this taken care of in the best way possible, since she's terrified of penises hee hee. My son is of course not yet at all retractable, and was sitting around playing with himself yesterday morning. Later in the day he began to complain that his penis was hurting him and wouldn't let me come near it. But it was swollen near the glans and slightly...
Thanks a lot! There is definitely no hazard in our living space where the kids are. I swabbed the whole place top to bottom.  I thought it was also harmful when inhaled, which is why the basement was of concern to me, with the laundry being down there. But I think I am over it. I just make sure to not wear the same shows in the house as I wear to the basement, ad I keep dust off of the clothes if I wash/dry them down there.      Thanks for your help!
I'm being optimistic, yet realistic...I am approaching 39 weeks and I have been taking care of my three year old through almost a full week of what I suspect is the flu. We're talking fever, tummy issues, runny stuffy nose and lots of gagging on phlegm. At the moment I only have a cough, but I'm thinking that it's going to be almost impossible to avoid catching it at this point.... I have been doing the Sambucus thing, but who knows... Anyway, I am going to have a second...
I think there are a lot more red flags here than open mouth kissing though. My son (our kids have the same birthday one year apart, by the way!) open mouth kisses me and licks me and whatnot all the time. He's just playing around. But for a three year old to say that something is a "secret" and to use "brother" and "sister" like that when she doesn't have either, and then to associate those with rubbing her private parts on her mother....It's just too much. She would have...
I WISH they would have had the common sense to leave it closed. I closed it myself, but they did force it open when de-planing and that's what messed it up. They also tore one of the handles. Something had cut into the padding on it....I will be getting a stroller bag or case for it next time we fly.