or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

This is for my friend, to see if I can somehow offer advice, as she is anxious and crushed. Yesterday she had a seizure while home alone with her 1 year old daughter. It has been 11 years since she's had one. She says it would of course be best to go on anti-convulsant meds (I think thats what they are), but that she would be forced to wean. She wants to try to manage it naturally or with safe medication, as she does not want to wean. Any words of advice much appreciated!
Oh, honey... Do you really think that someone on here is going to come to your house and pry the spoon out of your hands? You know the problem and only you are the solution. Fill your day with exciting, life-affirming activities (do you hike? bike? draw? dance? play ball with your kids?) and you won't want nasty food. You will feel good and will only want to put good things in your body. You want someone to come cook for you? Why don't you discover cooking? It's a great...
Hi mamas, I am trying to be all calm and trusting that I've made the right decisions for my son. But now that he is 13 months and is running around interacting with other kids, I doubt myself often. Today at the park my son picked up an empty water bottle another girl had in her mouth and stuck it in his before I could grab it. He has had two dTaps and 1 Hib (just prior to 12 months). Do you guys worry about toy sharing if your kids are undervaxed? Should I quit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Phantaja I'm full Black, pretty dark skinned, roughly the color of a Hershey bar, and I still burn. I wear sunscreen year-round. And when I have children, they will likely be just as dark as me, and they too will wear sun scren. So good to know. I guess because my husband never wears sunscreen and never burns, I just assumed it wasn't a huge deal. Just goes to show how different all skin is.
Quote: Originally Posted by christophersmom DS is bi-racial (black/white) and DD is black. I have always put sunscreen on DS and will use it in DD, too. My Dh can burn if he is out there all day and uses sunscreen, but it takes a lot for him to actually burn. Luckily, DS has only ever burnt on his shoulders just a tad. Also, unlike me if I miss a tiny spot I am red there from sun, he doesn't seem to be as sensitive. I also usually put him in rash guards...
Hi! This is my first sunny season with a toddler and I am completely confused about whether he can burn or not. DH is African, and I am Eastern European, so I burn at the drop of a hat. DS has been out in the sun and does tan, even gets some freckles. His complexion is coffee with lots and lots of cream. I wonder if I should be applying sunscreen? Do African parents put sunscreen on their LOs? I always assumed not, but I could just be confused... Any thoughts?
I wouldn't worry. When I was pregnant, they didn't even offer to test the fetus for anything, including Sickle Cell. Then again, we have no history of it. I suppose with a family history anything i possible. But don't freak yourself out. It's not in your control anyway.
How about Preschoolians? They are light, soft, and pretty sturdy. Plus, you can remove the sole to see how the foot fits inside as it grows and there are 3 different kinds of insole inserts, for narrow to wide foot. http://preschoolians.com/?gclid=CJiH...FekD5Qodih_IVg
Awww, thanks guys! I do feel better about it. It just gets so exhausting to keep offering with only a couple tiny bites making their way in… I do try to make the solids worthwhile by giving him egg, beans, avocado, coconut milk, potato with olive oil, peanut butter, e.t.c. I’m not into processed food to begin with, so staying away from the puff-type stuff is easy around here. I guess I just see all these mothers with babies twice his size and I wonder what they did...
Hi mamas, It seems I am the only one going through this, as when I meet other parents, their one year olds eat just fine. My son is very whatever about solids. He is only 18 lbs. at 12 months. He still nurses on demand, many times a day, and several times a night (we co-sleep). Is totally satisfied and never goes hungry. He has a dairy allergy and no teeth yet, so his menu is slightly limited, although we let him have EVERYTHING we eat ourselves. He even gets eggs and...