or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

Is this normal or am I facing behavioral issues? My 11 month old DS tries to physically hurt me or even himself when he is denied something, such as when he wants an object he cannot have. He cries out and tries to rip my clothes, or grabs and pulls at my face, hair, or pinches. Sometimes hen I am not within reach he pinches his own cheek. Is this a normal stage of testing boundaries when frustrated? How to best deal with it in the moment? I redirect, distract,...
Quote: Originally Posted by physmom I think people are just saying a lot of that to be nice (about your son... not talking about the choosing the mate part). DD soooo does not look like that and gets comments all the time about how adorable she is. She's got dark brown curly hair, big dar brown eyes, light brown skin and looks mixed with something (but most people don't know what ). We're constantly getting comments about her curls or her eyes or her...
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher I think the OP is saying that her child does *not have a cold and should she delay based on the chance that the child *might get a cold because the mom has one...is that right op? If it were me and the child was healthy that day, i'd do it but if they were showing signs of having a cold than i'd reschedule it. So can you just decide that day? or do you have to reschedule a certain amount of time in...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom DD's weight gain slowed down once she got past the 6 month stage and did not pick up again until around her 1st birthday. Eating every 2-3hrs is not a lot; I'd be surprised if DD went for 3hrs without eating. Are you sure his solid intake isn't filling him up and leaving him with fewer calories? Have you tried reducing solid intake to see if he nurses more frequently? He he. Sorry, I meant my DH eats that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bandgeek A little small, but not tiny. How's his height for weight? Are you or his dad smaller people (or were you smaller kids)? Has he been growing pretty steadily or has he dropped off his own curve recently? There's a lot more to look at than *just* weight. Well, that's the weird thing...I don't think they even measured his height. I thought that was super strange when I left and realized it. He was crying...
I have found a creature I didn't think existed- a natural parenting-minded pediatrician! And of all places in New York, where I have been having a heck of a time with that one. She is super supportive of my spaced out vaxes (in fact, she told me that she continues to have concerns in regards to aluminum and the immune system's ability to handle so many shots at once), she co-sleeps with her kids, and she breast fed until her son self-weaned at 24 months. One thing,...
Hi! I have a nasty cold and have had it for 2 days. In 2 more days, I have an appointment for DS to get his second shot (he had 1 dTap at 5.5 months). He is 10 months old and I was going to get him the Hib or the 2nd dTap, depending on what my ped has in her office (last I checked they were still on a shortage of ActHib). At any rate, he is not *yet* sick, and I breast feed regularly, so he may have avoided my cold altogether through breast milk, since I got it before...