or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

Is the father of the baby around? If worse comes to worse, she can come to the hospital with you and most labor and delivery places have a family room (a waiting room essentially), so your mother or another caretaker can step out for the active labor part. I don't have a partner around, so my mom will be taking myself and my 3 year old son to the hospital and then take him home overnight and bring him back the next morning. I have his bag pre-packed (clothes, toys,...
My understanding is that this used to be a big issue when gasoline contained lead. Ever since gasoline has become unleaded, the exhaust does not have high levels of lead. Now, theoretically, if there is a dusty road by your house, cars could kick up the dust and the lead deposited in the soil from exterior paint or old gasoline, but I don't think this is likely. It is true that in most places there is a background level of lead in the dust from the outside. That's why...
Thanks everyone for your input....   I think testing DS is kind of pointless at this point, not to mention very invasive. DP and I have to hold him down while he screams to get his blood drawn...We DID have him tested before, but I really don't wish to test him once a year (which is approximately how often we've moved in the last three years...). Our last apartment (pretty much where he grew up) was tested by the city and lead was found in the walls, but his blood test...
He was tested before we moved into this space and it came back fine. He doesn't play in the basement or anything and I know he is not in danger within our apartment. That's why I am wondering about the dryer specifically, because that is the only route of exposure I can think of, but am not sure if it is valid....      
I really need help thinking through this... I am pregnant and have an almost three year old. We moved into this place in October as a temporary apartment. The house is super old and lead paint was a big concern for me, but the landlord ignores me and refuses to respond to my requests to test. In our state there are no public programs that will test a home. I bought those swabs myself and swabbed dust/paint in our immediate living space and it came up clean, which makes...
I called and asked where it is from. The distributor said it's from China and Japan, but that the restaurant I referred to is from Japan.
Hi mamas,   I have a 3 year old who loves seaweed salad from our local sushi place and am myself craving it while pregnant. I have already had it a handful of times through my pregnancy and had kind of an "oh, $h1t!" moment today when I found out that they DO import it from Japan and I had it after Fukashima (August-November was the handful of times). I am not even sure if they use fresh seaweed, frozen seaweed or WHAT to make the salad, but after doing some research...
Thanks for sharing your experience! I am thinking of skipping the extra ultrasound because it is so darn innacurate at predicting the baby's size anyway. And so many women are scared into thinking they need to be induced or c-sectioned. I just don't even want to know the theoretical weight until the baby is born. 
Thank you for sharing your experience. It DOES make me feel better, because of course when you google it you get all kinds of freaky stuff about too much amniotic fluid and such.....But the few experiences I've heard about thus far make me think that this is unlikely, and that perhaps I should avoid this extra ultrasound, because if they suspect the baby is large they may push me to induce and c-section. Which terrifies me more than pushing out a huge baby, quite...
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of with the suspected large baby. I have heard of so many women being induced and then c-sectioned only to deliver small or average babies. Good to know this isn't a science. I am definitely leaning towards not doing the extra ultrasound.    Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It helped me feel just a tad more "normal".