or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

Hi lovely mamas,   I had an OB visit today and when she measured my fundal height (I am 31 weeks and 2 days) I measured 34......... She was really vague about what this means or doesn't mean, but did give me a requisition to have an ultrasound.   I do feel HUGE with this pregnancy because I've gained 32 pounds already and with my first I only gained 20 the entire term. My first son was just under 7lbs., so I don't know why this baby would be HUGE or...
Hi lovely mamas,   I had an OB visit today and when she measured my fundal height (I am 31 weeks and 2 days) I measured 34......... She was really vague about what this means or doesn't mean, but did give me a requisition to have an ultrasound.   I do feel HUGE with this pregnancy because I've gained 32 pounds already and with my first I only gained 20 the entire term. My first son was just under 7lbs., so I don't know why this baby would be HUGE or...
We've never had a stomach issue before that involved vomiting and stomach pain, so I am at a loss as to when to call the ped and what to watch for. He woke up this morning at 6 am, sat up and threw up the pasta with meat sauce I fed him last night. Then about 40 minutes later threw up again, this time water he drank and a couple spoonfuls of yogurt. Now, the pasta/meat sauce was on its third day and was stored in my fridge in a covered Pyrex. I reheated it until the...
Hi mamas,   I am expecting our second and have an almost-three year old. I do a lot of laundry and expect to do more soon. My question is strange, but I started thinking about this today and just can't come up with an answer....   In the house we are renting currently, the washer and dryer are in the basement. It's a very old house (built in the 20s I think?), so there is a really good chance there is lead paint. I swabbed our whole apartment for it and I think...
I think food practices are mainly a cultural thing. My mom always thaws meat and seafood out in the sink all day to cook it for dinner. She has done it this way since I can remember and before that, too. I have never once had food poisoning in my life. Your digestive system is an integral part of your immune system, and keeping things sterile will weaken your stomach. That is why when a westerner drinks the water in another part of the world, they may get sick, whereas...
Thank you! I think sharing stories with others really helps me more than anything. Sometimes I feel like the only one in the world with these "doh!" moments...I see all these moms driving Lexus SUVs, all shiny and new, and can't help but feel like I'm the only pregnant lady in an older Hyundai Accent.    I will try not to worry myself and just trust that I am NOT the only one with this story.         
Hi wise mamas,   My car has been running pretty loud the last couple of months. I don't know much about cars, and I am a newly single mother and mother-to-be, so there were no manly men around to raise any flags. So I thought my muffler was bad. I did get whiffs of gas when I first started my car if the air was on, but I thought that must be normal because the car was standing still. I would just turn the air off, roll the window down and then keep driving. I never...
My son and my pregnant self just moved into a third floor (attic) space in an old house. The only form of heat is a pretty large (cabinet-sized) natural gas heater. It has a gas line going into the back, to the pilot, and then there is kind of a metal box over the pilot which is sealed on the sides and top, and the back of it is attached to a metal pipe that goes out and is cemented to the chimney (the house used to have functioning fireplaces). The metal casing is over...
I'm currently trying baking soda and an air purifier with an ionizer. Oh, and coffee grounds. Charcoal has been suggested by a couple people, so I think I will try it next! Thanks!    
But would the sheet keep it from offgassing into the room? What if I remove any moth ball residue by cleaning with a lemongrass oil cleaner and then air out the room? Will the fumes eventually evaporate?