or Connect

Posts by Toposlonoshlep

The nature of the internet is such that once you post a picture online, it is forever posted in cyberspace. Case in point, when one googles my name, my Friendster photos from 5 years ago still come up in image search, although I have deleted my account years ago. Even if your Facebook settings are set to super private, that doesn't stop your photos from showing up in google.   I don't post any pictures of my DS anywhere online on any shared or social sites. Not even...
I know this wasn't your post, but this is what I was responding to. This attitude right here. If you don't understand the concept of an analogy, there's little I can do to help you understand.  My friend's daughter arrived safely because nothing happened on the flight....Ummm, yes. The point some PPs were making is that flying with a child in your lap is significantly safer than driving, even with the car seat. Plane accidents are significantly more rare than almost any...
Yet another funny thing! I ate some wild salmon this evening and I was like, "hmmmm. that feels better! Almost like all I needed was some fat and protein..." And then I opened my computer and saw your post. I think I'll go buy some buffalo meat or something tomorrow.       
Pregnancy tea and the occasional soy chai.....I know the chai is black tea, but I don't think I'm drinking enough to get that much caffeine...    
I'm glad I'm not imagining it then. I will try to drink water more consistently. I drink a lot of tea, but have been forgetting my daily water canteen when we're out. I'll also try to up my protein a bit. UGH.   And I do feel like I need to snack constantly....I need to find good take-along snacks that I actually crave. I'm thinking dried fruit....   Thanks ladies!
I highly recommend this book, to you and anyone else: http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Anthology-Fiction-Multiracial-Experience/dp/0393327868/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316187338&sr=1-3   It creates a very HONEST discussion of the underlying societal and personal issues on the subject. When I posted my opinion of the term "half-caste", it was in response to the discussion earlier in the thread. I didn't bring up the term, it was already being discussed. There is a...
I don't have a problem with the word "black". I don't know any black people who take offense to it. I didn't even know that the term had historical connotation. As far as I know, it's acceptable and non-offensive. If you read my post, I was referring to the word half-caste, which DOES have that connotation. Saying that because you work with BLACK people and none of them have confronted you or told you that racial slurs offend them is like saying "I'm not racist, I have...
Yes, at 12 months she will be able to get her nutrition from food, but she will still need a good source of calcium. Maybe a milk substitute that she can tolerate. Keep in mind though that weaning at 12 months can be really hard if she is not gradually introduced to solids and is not eating well yet. My son was not ready to even seriously consume solids until he was 12 months. Before that he would pick at food and experiment with it, but it wasn't a source of nutrition...
Yes, it was a cross country flight, and she was definitely told not to use it. I don't know the reason, but no, she didn't report them. She just put her little girl in the regular seat and they flew happily and stress-free and arrived safe and sound. I don't think she was up for the battle, and it made no difference in the end. I'll be leaving the thread now and must apologize to the OP that her thread got derailed.     
You were the minority if you used a car seat in the big city. In New York, mothers who take cabs (not everyone takes the tram or bus instead) don't drag car seats all over the city. I would like to see current statistics that show that more children die in CAR accidents. More children die of ACCIDENTS, but that includes accidents that don't involve cars. Here is an NYC report: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/episrv/episrv-childfatality-book.pdf. It shows clearly...