or Connect

Posts by HeliMom

http://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus-SwaddleMe-Microfleece-Large-Pink/dp/B0009QYTIY   Kidoopotomus makes a swaddler that can be used with carseats, I can't imagine why it would be unsafe as they are just as thin as a t-shirt . If you'd put your kid in the car seat with  2 layers of light clothes on you could just as easily swaddle them with one layer.
We try to start the bedtime routine at 7pm she usually doesn't fall asleep till 8 - 830, but sometimes if I'm too slow starting the routine she gets a second wind of crazy toddler overtired energy and she'll stay awake until 10pm. She wakes up for good at 6:30 am most days.   I haven't tried teas or melatonin. Like chamomile?
This past few weeks my DD who is almost 3 has has an awful time going down for a nap even if I nurse her. She really really needs a nap or her emotions and behavior are all over the place by 3pm.  She also keeps her infant brother up, who is only 4 months old.     A few days ago I started to take myself and the baby out of the family bed and leave her in our bedroom for naptime. She hates this and howls and comes up with every excuse in the book to get me back into...
I couldn't read and not reply. I had Post partum depression.  It was serious. I don't know if you have it, but crying daily isn't something you should have to suffer through.  You said you felt overwhelmed,  are getting any help from family and friends?    The lack of sleep with a newborn is tough but temporary.  You have to also take care of yourself. Try to sleep when baby sleeps, make sure you are eating and drinking enough especially if you are breastfeeding. ...
I think you have two different things going on here.   The first is convincing your DH that  showing DD what it feels like to be hit/ pinched/ whatever, is not going to make her stop. That requires a level of empathy and transfer that most 2 year olds don't possess. She would have to recognize the pain, remember the pain, imagine the pain in someone else, empathize with them and then use impulse control to stop her from hitting.  That's too much processing for a 2...
green mountain diapers has a large Birdseye cotton flat ( green stictching cloth eeze fits up to 40 lbs) that works in a origami fold. You can double them up and/or add one of those non fitting prefolds into the diaper for extra absorbency
The Husband, I'm confused as to why you believe that no one advocated for discipline or saying "no".  My post which was posted before your first one in this thread, clearly stated that I don't budge on safety issues and when I have to say "no" on non safety issues I mean it and stick to it.   I do not hit my kids and I expect a great deal from them.  I am determined to help my children learn self restraint, and how to respect others. I want my children to do the right...
Oh I'm so glad you asked about this. I thought it was just her having issues with the new baby and venting at night, but my DD is 2.5 and doping the same thing too.
If it's a danger thing like knob turning, I realize my 2.5 year old can't be trusted by the knobs. So I baby proof with stove top covers,  I redirect her to her play kitchen which is set up in our kitchen, and  if that doesn't work I tell her flat out "if you can't follow safety instructions you can't be in he kitchen with me. I need you to be safe so I'm kicking you out of the kitchen for now." Then I kick her out of the kitchen.   It's not meant to punish her, so if...
Congrats! How adorable!