or Connect

Posts by HeliMom

We were given a pack and play, and I used it all of twice. My DD hated it and so did I. We cosleep even during travel, so it was pretty much useless.  My daughter was in a baby carrier  or on the ground if I needed a moment. I cannot imagine ever using it for our next. If you aren't gonna use it, it doesn't make sense to get one.  However if your DH will be using it when he is caring for the baby when you are not around, maybe he can get one second hand. I wouldn't deny...
I'm tired so i might be missing the point but here goes anyway.   I think mom2grrls made a good point about wanting to avoid punishment. Really who doesn't want to avoid punishment? As far as the writing lines thing goes for punishment in your house, what is the purpose of it? Is it to calm her down? Get her to focus on the positive behaviors she should have?  Or  are you trying to find something she doesn't like and spin it in a way that you feel should benefit...
I'm always drawing people so I voted I have no problem with it, me, my kid, whoever.     I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to draw a child in more than a gesture drawing since they are always moving.  I tend to draw faces and hair of people in detail when I sketch but I've never sketched kids. I also used to ride the 1 and 9 with a homeless guy who'd sketch  portaits for a buck, he'd draw it first then  get up and try to make the sale.  I have a small collection he...
Karalina,   I think it would be easier  if you could try to pinpoint exactly what it is you are afraid of happening because of your sons exposure to music with lyrics you disapprove of. Do you think he will internalize it?  Are you worried that he will harm himself or others?  Are you afraid he will make bad relationship choices?   That he will get involved with someone sexually before he is mature enough to handle the emotional impact?   Is your son easily...
Are there any dishwashing detergents that won't clog my dishwasher, that don't leave icky chemicals all over my dishes, that can handle the hard water in my house?   I really hope so.   I'm desperate because as of right now I'm using Cascade and it makes the dishes clean but they smell like chemicals after :(
We are married and I kept my name. DD has mine and DS on the way will have mine too. My name is an important part of my identity and only if we all change our names to something new will DH share the same last name as our children. He's also welcome to switch his last name to mine at any point too.   It sounds like your DP is more upset about the fact that one child will has your ex's last name, and that you won't give the new baby his, than it just being picking...
I'm going to try to give you a different perspective on your day.  
It was totally a thing with my DD, she was nursing more often than a newborn around  that time, now at 23 months she nurses maybe 2x a day. I indulged her the best i could rationalizing that I won't have her asking forever and it's worked itself out.
Anyone else tired of being told "Oh you don't look pregnant!"?   Every single time I talk about being pregnant to someone new it's the same reaction. Oh I can't tell you are pregnant, or where's your belly? Or 22 weeks, really you look like you just a had a big lunch.  THE WORST (possibly triggering): You should ask for another ultrasound because what if the baby is dead. WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT?!!!!   I have a belly. I do! I'm in maternity jeans because my pants...
Um do those girls realize that being a Heather was nothing to aspire to and that they were characters that everyone was happy to see die? It wasn't until JD turned on Winona's character that you start realizing  you shouldn't identify with him.  If I were going to to pick a name for my group it certainly wouldn't be after a group of super cruel  over entitled mean girls.      In other drag news: I totally got that Manilla make up was to look more like a bunny with...