or Connect

Posts by SilverFish

i had a hospital birth with a 35 weeker who ended up needing a few days in the NICU. i had been planning a home birth with my midwife team, and because they had a good transfer policy and a relationship with a hospital, i was able to have some continuation of care and a relatively stress-free experience.   this time, i was able to get in with the midwife practice again and there was no mention of my being high risk simply because of a preterm birth. basically, i...
I don't think I'm alone in being concerned about how your husband is restricting your access to health care. I think that parenting partners should definitely make health care decisions together, but he should NOT be making unanimous decisions about your health. period.    Basically, you have a very easily solved problem here. There are some unusual things going on halfway through a pregnancy and an ultrasound would quickly and easily and fairly cheaply clear up any...
  well, you've lost me there. i've been sympathetic for a couple of years to your situation... i've never dealt with depression on that scale, but i understand the sense of life being overwhelming, especially with the losses you've suffered.   but this? this is just straight up wrong. people have been handling you with kid gloves, despite knowing an awful lot about your history and your repeated lack of change, but now you just sound selfish and abusive.   it is WRONG, as...
i'm so sorry for your loss. i am wishing you a lot of peace and healing in the coming months and years. the loss of a child is something no one should have to bear. much love for your family. 
if you believe ideologically that schools are bad for children, families and culture, than why were you even asking the question?    it's like saying you disagree with giving children pop everyday, but then saying that your kid reeeeeally loves pop, so what should you do about it? if you think it's bad for them, then it doesn't matter whether they like it or not, you make a decision as a parent which you think is right for your family. i'm not judging your choice to...
honestly, i'm okay with someone being a little judgy, as long as they are honest with themselves about what they are doing. you see someone parenting a way you think is less than ideal, fine, judge away. as long as you don't say anything to them (about non-abusive, legal practices), aren't rude, racist, classist, or sexist when you do bitch, then whatever. this is a pretty big board, there's lots of places to kvetch about other people. and then we'd be free to judge you...
have you tried swaddling? you can even swaddle her first, then slip her into the carrier and once she is asleep, try laying her down. my dd loved to sleep on me, but she also slept very well when swaddled, rocked to sleep and then laid down. don't give up! they change so quickly at this age, something that wouldn't work at all a couple weeks ago will start working great tomorrow. anyway, yes, if the swaddling doesn't work, then eventually she will grow out of it.
Word.   You'll pry my swaddling blankets from my cold dead hands.
  In my experience, and certainly for myself, no one who might use the term "special snowflake" is trying to deny the existence of ADHD or a multitude of other special needs that might crop up in a classroom. I'm a special ed trained elementary teacher, of course I believe that ADHD can be a legit cause of certain behavior in the classroom.   But a typical special snowflake parent likes to talk about their kid a whole lot, especially on the internet, and it is usually...
ugh, this was totally me today. by 9 am i'd vacuumed the whole house and done finger painting with dd on the kitchen table and showered and dressed. unholy and unnatural for a sunday morning, i tell you what.