or Connect

Posts by laurashum

Yes, it is called my breast friend. It is so great. I am larger than most moms I know. I am about a size 20-22. The problem I have with the boppy is that I can't get it up close enough to me and it doesn't stay where I put it. My breast friend is adjustable and it has a pad that goes around your waist and fastens. So when you get the pillow and the baby in the right place they don't go anywhere. It makes almost a tray across your lap for the baby to lay on. I have used...
I have started using washable pantyliners. They are all cotton and don't have the plastic backing on them. They really seem to help keep things dry and cool down there. They are so much more comfortable now that it is 105 degrees where I live. I found them pretty cheap on ebay. Luna pads is a website that sells them as well but they were WAY more expensive!
The most recent study done on SSRI's during pregnancy has shown to cause persistant pulmonary hypertension in the baby after delivery. I am currently taking welbutrin during the last couple of weeks of pregnancy and will start zoloft right after delivery. I would rather wait on the zoloft and not have a baby that has to go to the NICU for respiratory distress. I do know that the OB opinion is that they weigh the risk of not putting the mom on something during pregnancy...
Oh man I am so there. I am 38 weeks and the last couple of days have gotten progressively worse. Last night I totally dreaded getting out of bed to go and pee. My pubic bone kills me when I get up or try to roll over. My back is sore by the end of the day from chasing my other 2 kids. Don't even get me started on trying to turn over in the bed. Just look at it this way. Labor won't seem so bad after weeks of chronic pain. At least labor will only last for a day and not...
I am a nicu nurse and we tell moms that it is great if you can get at least one good feeding in the first 24 hours. He also only needs one pee and one poop for every day he is born until day 4. So for day one, one pee and one poop. Day 2 , two pees and 2 poops. Until day 4 or 5 by which mom should have had her milk come in and the baby eating more. Sometimes the best way to get a sleepy baby to eat is to leave him skin to skin with mom so that any rooting or searching she...
This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time I have had pubic bone pain this bad. Last time my pubic bone would hurt if I had been up all day or running around. It didn't start until later. I am 35 weeks and man it is killing me. I have trouble walking, sitting and standing. So basically unless I am lying on my side, or swimming, or in the tub, it is hurting. Anyone have suggestions on making it better? I would really appreciate it !
This is my 3rd baby and I am hoping for an unmedicated birth this time. My other 2 were inductions with and epidural. My problem is that everyone I talk to about waiting to go into labor makes it sound like it is unusual, like I am expected to have an induction. Schedule your baby like you would a vacation. Luckily my midwife is very supportive and encouraging for what every I want to do, as long as it is all safe for me and "peanut". I am doing hypnobabies and loving...
I found mine on ebay. It was about $80 which is about half the cost of it new. It is great. I look forward to listening to the cd's, which I have uploaded to my itunes. This is my 3rd and last baby as well. I am hoping for an unmedicated birth this time. Good luck!
I very rarely have time to cook something other than dinner. I have started doubling the recipies and freezing half of them. Homemade meatballs, seasoned taco meat, soup, pinto beans for refried beans, are all really great to have ready to eat.
You Tube is the easiest place to start. Just type in ring sling under the search and there are lots of videos of women showing you how to use the slings. You may be having trouble threading the sling. I know there is a specific way to put the fabric through the rings so that it moves through easily and you can adjust the upper rail or the lower one. I have use hotslings before as well. I felt very confined in them. You can't change the size at all which makes shifting...