or Connect

Posts by jen816

Thank you both for replying. I really appreciate the input. I did go to my dr. on Monday. I only mentioned my situation and extreme anxiety at the moment. He gave me a prescription for Citalopram. I seem to be having quite a few side effects-insomnia, jitters, loss of appetite-not sure if they will go away. I know the drug takes a few weeks to really kick in. I'm nervous about it. I have never taken anything for my anxiety before. I am worried that I just won't...
Hi mamas, I am sincerely hoping that some of you wise women might be able to help me out. I don't have a lot of time, so I will try to be brief. Lately I have been under a lot of stress. I am thinking of separating/possibly divorcing my husband. We have been married 14 years and have 4 children together. I have been out of the workforce since 1999 with the exception of some catering and a fitness job. There are some very serious issues in our relationship and I...
Thsi is my first post guys, but I didn't have anyone to talk to about tonight's episode! I know they made a big deal in the episode about Thomas the doubter, but did anyone notice that the Ajira Airlines flight was #316? Is this a reference to the biblical passage John 3:16? I am assuming that they are now setting up John Locke as Jesus and Jack as Thomas. So, who is Judas?
Oh, please do throw a party! And can I come?
Quote: Originally Posted by offwing As opposed to the attitude that once they are full grown men and parents that they are fully disposable from their child's life? In between the extreme positions is a reality where a father in his life is at least as important as having his foreskin, maybe even a little more. I certainly don't think a father is fully disposable. But, we are not talking about some parental choice here. If it were any...
Sheacoby, I understand how you feel, having just gone through this myself. I tried to be so non-judgmental and gentle. I wanted so badly not to put my friend on the defense for fear she wouldn't be open to the information. Turns out my gentle approach didn't work. I think it was all about fear for her. Fear of her son being different and wishing he was circed. Doing it because everyone does. It is so frustrating. I thought her maternal instincts would kick in as...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakti A. I agree with this. A father is worth more than a foreskin. You need to find a non-confrontational way to resolve this. He will be your husband's son, too. It's no wonder why this practice continues with the attitude that a part of our male children is disposable. It just shows how deeply ingrained cultural conditioning can be. I doubt this would ever have been written if the OP were speaking of...
Almost 3 and 5 and not an issue with either one, ever.
I don't know what I am going to do about our relationship. Not like it will ever be the same. She is so polar opposite of me in so many crucial ways. It doesn't seem that I can really be myself around her anymore. I am supposed to go see the baby later this week and bring them a meal. I can hardly stomach the thought of seeing her. She even had the nerve to ask me if I wouldn't change his diaper now. I'm sure she has enough condoners of baby mutilation around her to...
My good friend, who I DID help convince not to circ her son, met a couple of mamas yesterday at her daughter's ballet class. Turns out neither circed their sons and they are both very against it! One of the moms even has Dr. Fleiss as her kids' pediatrician. I thought that was so cool. It's great to know there really are others out there IRL!