or Connect

Posts by nicole_marie

Are herbal infusions (nettles, red raspberry leaf) safe to take during pregnancy if you have a form of thrombosis?   Nicole
He's 5.5 years old now.  We went through the international adoption process to adopt from Ethiopia, which is why he has a special interest in Africa.  ...and when he says Africa, he doesn't mean the industrialized parts of Africa, he means the poverty stricken areas.   ...and I know that he doesn't mean "do those kids have playthings".  He means, 'do Santa and his Reindeer fly to all of those children and put a beautifully wrapped gift under their tree too?'  He means,...
When my son was 2 years old, we still had not decided what to tell him about Santa.  My extended family took care of that by having Santa show up LIVE one Christmas.  We had no idea it was coming.   So we let him believe by default.  But today he asked me...   "Does Santa go everywhere, even Africa?"  "Does he brings gifts to the children in Africa?"   and I want to CRY.   How should I handle this.  The Santa lie is enough...I don't want to tell him that...
Bumping this thread for an update.  After a single round of antibiotics, my sons eczema and staph has stayed away for 7 months!  No white bowels (liver not producing bile).  Not a single incidence of "asthma".  No more night sweats and frequent low grade fevers.  No more hair loss or cradle cap.  No more weight loss, in fact nice and steady weight gain...back onto his normal growth curve.  No more facial edema.  No more "fog" in his eyes.  No more "colic".  No "food...
Yes, but not during pregnancy...it was about 2 years after my son was born via c-section...and it took another year of frequent visits to find the problem.  I had abdominal pain that radiated down through my cervix/labia...shooting pain.  My periods were very painful. I had a lot of gas and bloating from the adhesion putting pressure on my bowels.  I was told I had IBS.  I was tested for gallbladder issues, appendix problems, cysts, etc.  They told me abdominal pain in a...
"I have a question. Anyone else having a lot of pain around their scar? I keep having these awful shooting pains in my pelvis/right around my scar. I had a lot of those pains when I was recovering too, for about a year afterward. Now they are back. It's like someone sticking needles in through my scar down through my labia. OUCHIE!"   You could have adhesions from your previous cesarian.  They are very common.  I had surgery to remove mine after it became life...
I had an unnecessary cesarian 5 years ago and a few years later, painful adhesions (from my cesarian scar) that went undiagnosed for a year.  I had laparoscopic surgery to have those removed.   I'm planning a VBAC at The Farm where the cesarian rate is less than 2%.  I'm not thinking about "what-if's" right now because I trust the midwives there, they know what they are doing and I'm already experienced with the "what-if"....so why worry, right?  :)  There are some...
Thank you!  I feel much better now!  I have been sick and it subsided yesterday...which was the day I felt no movement (of course, right?).  Today the sickness is back and I think I may have felt a flutter.  Looking forward to regular movement!  xoxo
I take really warm showers and I ate nitrate free, organic chicken deli meat once.  Beyond that, I can't...not because I don't think other women shouldn't...but because if ANYTHING (even something mild) was wrong with the baby, I would always have a guilty conscience.  After 9 years of infertility and several miscarriages...it's harder to break the rules.  <3
I am 17w and just started feeling larger movements, but not very often.  I'm not sure if I notice them less when I am busy, but I didn't notice much movement at all yesterday and the movements that I felt...I couldn't tell 100% if it was movement or my imagination.  Prior to that, the baby had a short active period during late evening.   Do you feel movement every day?  Several times a day?   Nicole