or Connect

Posts by alittlesandy

Just thought I'd chime in with some links and resources and what worked for me.   For a breastfeeding calorie calculator (how many calories you need for your height and weight while lactating):   http://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm   An article on Kelly Mom about breastfeeding and caloric intake:   http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-calories-fluids   Finally, what worked for me was joining Weight Watchers...
Used and in good condition. These work great with prefolds or fitted diapers.
Lightly used in excellent condition. Some light staining from my EBF baby! Thick, soft, and absorbent.
Frankly, I would rather the IRS act as a savings proxy for me, regardless of what the financial gurus say. Before I adjusted my withholding I used to pay a little every year at tax time (some years came close to breaking even). I feel like I did not notice or benefit from the extra money in my paycheck. When I adjusted my withholding, we felt the pinch for a few checks, then quickly adjusted and now we don't miss the money. However, the refund comes at an essential time...
I'm so excited that the February threads are starting up! I'm planning to join this one, the getting out of debt thread, and the pantry challenge. I'm ready to stop spending!   My name is Sandy, I'm 41, and I have two kids, DS who is 4 and DD who is 9 months. I am a full-time university professor and the breadwinner of the family. DH is a stay-at-home dad. This semester is going to be both challenging and rewarding as I'm sabbatical leave from January until June...
Joining this thread late but just read Total Money Makeover and loved it. I am so sick of living paycheck to paycheck, putting every extra expense on credit cards (in November and December it was the tires, travel, and Christmas presents), and managing money so poorly.   I'm 41, have two beautiful babies, and teach full time at the university. My husband is a stay-at-home dad. We are really planning to buckle down and do the baby steps. I already made a budget and...
My favorite frugal tip is mindfulness.   When you are mindful of what you truly need to feel happy, secure, calm and content, you realize that you don’t need as much as you think you do.   Mindfulness is making bread, enjoying the process, and savoring every bite.   Mindfulness is taking a walk outside.   Mindfulness is listening to someone speak and really hearing what they have to say.   Mindfulness is repairing an item before throwing it away, or...
What a fun contest! Liked and shared on Facebook! :)
Hi JynxGirl! No worries. Aria's bottom two just came through. My father-in-law is a dentist says that the the first teeth can come as late as 12-15 months. All babies are vastly different when it comes to cutting teeth.
Hi everyone!   Sometimes pregnancy and the DDC feels like another lifetime!   Aria has two bottom teeth, is nursing like a champion day and night, is eating everything in sight (we do BLS so she eats what we are eating), and just now becoming mobile (rolling and scooting and doing the army crawl). It's funny, with my son Oscar I poured over the development books, websites, and newsletters to see if he was on track. I was always in such a hurry for him to move on...