or Connect

Posts by LeighPF

My Mum is here, baby not. Lots of BH, some irregular ctxs, but no baby. My postpartum pads ordered at the last minute have come and they are so fuzzy soft. More DTD and finding some suprisingly comfortable positions. Getting done prego is motivating me to get kids to sleep in their own beds so we can keep it up. I need to make more RRL or as my dad calls it uterus tea. I am liking it half and half with lemon aid. My close midwife, who I have assumed will deliver is out of...
My BH midwife does an NST then too, but she has the monitor in her office, so not such a big deal. Mostly a CYA kind of thing I think.   I had one with my first and it ended up being great. He was asleep so I was given "medically necessary" cold chocolate pudding to wake him up. He got so active they cut the test off early because the sound was disturbing people down the hall.   I would certainly talk to her about the whys.
Things are quiet here. My dad has been cleaning, cooking, and chasing my kids while making me drink and sit down. I am so glad he is here. My Mum gets in tonight. I am getting a nap every day which helps make up for the poor night sleep. Between getting up to pee, pee again and two little people who keep wanting to sleep with me, I am not getting too much. At least we are getting the kids down pretty easily in their own beds. Pretty sure I have lots a nice chunk of my...
Jill, I like the Target tanktops for nights but for my big girls, they just don't have enough support for out of the house. What I love is Undercover mamas. They are just the tank part and you clip them onto your nursing bra. I usually wear a tank top under my shirt anyways, so this means I don't have to pull that up too to nurse.
My midwife was telling me about a study of middle eastern women.It found eating 6 dates a day from 36 weeks led to shorter labours and being farther along when labour started. I like dates so this is now part of the plan.
We do games on our iPad rather than a leapfrog. Just what we have. I am quite impressed with some of them and how my kids play.   They really like -drawing games where they can use different tools or stamps. My son uses my Martha Stewart Craft app to make I love you cards covered in hearts and gets me to move the hearts to see his message. -matching up sort of games -pretty open do a task games. make the monster dinner, give santa a haircut and style, play with...
Having my dad is making handling the kids so much easier. Monkey is doing the melt down tanturm of screaming and whining much less. Though he did break down this morning because the pancakes were different and not "foofy" enough. Though it also just helps that having a second adult around means I get a nap. I suspect much of our less than stellar parenting is because we are all sleep deprived. My dad is doing his version of nesting for me. Weeding my garden, fixing...
So the first thought in my head was to have her paint your belly. Do it outside and then have a bubble bath.   My kids have had a blast this summer being let loose in the back yard with paint (and often not even paper). Our cherry tree is now very sparkly from the glitter paint. My part is getting the paint out then sitting with my feet up, then running the bath.   Get some colouring sheets and spend time colouring together (it always makes me feel better to...
I am 39 weeks today. Thankfully my dad arrived last night to help me out and chase the kids. Of course the kids had a full meltdown in the car on the way home from the import. 40 minutes of bee screaming she was stuck and monkey screaming for bee to be quiet and go to sleep. Husband is having a slow time at work so is talking about taking extra leave. His office is not stuck in the dark ages and only has parental leave. Three months paid followed by three months unpaid....
  My midwifes suggest going with no underwear. If it keeps running down your leg, it is most likely your water.