or Connect

Posts by laliu

We recently started going to Shine Pediatrics with Dr Randy Naidoo (located in Richardson near Plano) and are so happy. He is naturopathic, delayed vax, homeopathic a, etc but also handles well child visits and all he other necessary things.
Not sure if you would consider this similar self-harming behavior, but my 20 month old son has just recently started biting his hand or arm really hard when mad, usually stemming from not getting his way on something. I was quite startled the first few times it happened, as he had deep teeth marks but thankfully never broke the skin. I really think now a few weeks into this happening that this is his attempt(without trying to sound too harsh) to manipulate the situation...
Thanks for your response, I appreciate hearing the experiences that your family has had. Here's to hoping that Grandma's special touch kicks in when we need it :)
Not sure if anyone has any insight on this, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway!   I am due with my second child towards around two months from now. My son will be 22 months at the time and has never spent the night away from me. Normally, he sleeps between or to the side of my husband and myself. He still nurses to sleep for naps and nighttime/night time wakings (1-2 times a night.)   With my son, we spent 3 nights in the hospital away from home.... I...
I also tore somewhat severely with my first born, not really through any fault of the doctor as she encouraged very slow pushing with the head and shoulders appeared. Am also concerned about this happening again as recovery was really a breeze apart from the tear/resulting stitches. Two things I recently read might help in addition to perineal massage and compresses... thought they were interesting to note:   - Ina May Gaskin (the famous midwife) has supposedly...
Well thanks for the replies/commiseration everyone! It must really just get worse with subsequent pregnancies or at least the second one. Also I hear you about the coughing Ryleeee ... I have been having terrible hayfever the last couple of weeks making this problem a real pain. I mean sneezing causing problems 30 seconds after leaving the bathroom... I'm saying Come On, I JUST emptied you!    I really need to get better about the kegels, will work on that. 
Hi everyone,   I'm wondering if anyone has insight into pregnancy related bladder issues? With my first pregnancy two years ago, I didn't have any at all (apart from needing to go frequently which we all suffer from.) Being almost 7 months into this pregnancy is a totally different issue...   I can't safely cough or laugh hardly without having an "accident." I feel the need to go again a mere minute or two literally after leaving the restroom (even if I hardly...
Sorry for the delayed response, just saw your post! I read a book on this approach last summer and am trying to remember the name of the author/title. Overall though I thought the majority of what this approach offered was positive and very gentle in nature. It is based on the idea that children are social animals just like the rest of us and thrive on positive interactions with others. The program focused on catching kids doing things correctly and verbally pointing out...
I would second the suggestion on looking into food allergies if you haven't already. My son (now 18 months) was from around 5 months old between 30-50% of his poor little body covered with eczema. It was just awful and even the allergist perscribed cortizone cream was not helping much. He was also 100% breastfed until around 7 months when we gradually began introducing solids. That made things even worse. I had played around with giving up milk myself since most of his...
Our ultrasound for new baby was clear, but my now 17-month old did have a total of 4 appear on his 18-week ultrasound. When the doctor first explained surrounding possibilities, I was so worried and only made my fears worse by reading more online (being a soft marker for down syndrome or worse for trisomy 18.) Long story short, we had further scans with a neo-natologist which pretty much ruled out trisomy 18 and showed no other problems. The cysts themselves went away...