or Connect

Posts by RheaSilva

You are absolutely NOT overreacting! Your baby was hungry and you fed her. She has the right to eat her dinner just as much as anyone else does. It sounds like you were being discreet but, even if your nipple were in plain view, it would still not be anyones business but you and your daughter's People need to get over it! They're breasts, for goodness sake. Just another body part; don't know what the big deal is. When my oldest daughter was an infant, she and I...
LOL! I read the title of this thread and thought someone was writing about bf-ing a 10 year old. I was like, "whoa! That's pretty far out there even for this board!" Then I was picturing a mom knocking on the 5th grade classroom door because it was time for Johnny's lunch... I REALLY need my coffee!!
Quote: Originally Posted by CallMeMommy Yet in the police transcripts breastfeeding is mentioned, not disorderly conduct... Hmmm..... "Deputy Chief Dave Kvam said the 911 dispatcher's notes say, "Old Country Buffet manager told worker to call ... white female yelling at staff ... white female was breast-feeding and flashing the customers." I agree that the woman should not have been asked to leave if it was because she was breastfeeding. ...
Oh, for goodness sake!!! Your MIL seems to have taken an unhealthy interest in your son's penis. Have you tried coming right out and saying, "MIL, may I ask why you are so interested in baby-to-be's penis? It's really unusual for someone to be so vested in another person's foreskin." Ah well, maybe not. But it's a nice thought, anyway!
[QUOTE=PicklinQueen;15248239]This whole confrontation stemmed from me mentioning that I would move our king-size futon into the barn (guest house), in passing. My mom put her foot down: we are not allowed to move things around in her house./QUOTE] Oh, for goodness sake!!! What about if you purchased a king size air mattress?
I agree with you that the family bed and nursing are probably familiar comforts for your little one (and maybe you, too!) and you should keep things the way they are if you're comfortable with that. I can't think of a polite way to tell the inlaws to MYOB, but could you just say something noncommital like, "We'll definitely think about it." whenever they start in on you? PS I'm a Mainer born and raised; shout out to Ft. Kent!!
Quote: Originally Posted by lotus.blossom I hear you. Loud and clear! I feel low everytime I hear of an uncomplicated vaginal birth. Especially from the ones who don't particularly care about the birth process. I wish that I could be one of them. That didn't care how my babies came into the world. I don't know if I will ever get over the fact that I am just not cut out for the sacred event of natural birth. I couldn't read this without...
Mama, I am so sorry you had to go through an experience that upset you so horribly Quote: Originally Posted by Lauren710 I turned up my nose at formula-feeders, marveling at how anyone could be so stupid when all the information says BREAST IS BEST. All it did was backfire on me, leaving me heartbroken when everything went south. I know you are probably thinking that your traumatic birth experience is a result of karma coming back to bite...
I apologize to all you ladies for sounding so lighthearted toward your situation. I assure that is not the way I meant it all!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tear78 so I say again F*CK YOU LADY for the insensitivity, and I WILL NOT let this ruin my forward progress and healing. Thanks for letting me get that out. You tell 'em, sweetie! This hasn't been a problem for me personally (We always joke that all DH has to do is LOOK at me and I get pregnant! lol), but two of my close friends are suffering from infertility and I NEVER give them unsolicited advice. I figure...