or Connect

Posts by CluckyInAZ

I tried to post on this thread a couple times a few days ago, but the server ate it. my dd is definitely not doing anything to annoy ds except existing. But he doesn't generally seem that upset that she exists either. He mostly wants attention. Attention from me, attention from her too. When she is awake he loves to get her to laugh and I think sometimes he will wake her up so that he can try to play with her. I pretty much wear her all day. When I am wearing her he comes...
my 4 month old dd needs to sleep. Everytime she starts to nod off, here comes ds to growl loudly in her face until she cries. I need to diffuse this power struggle. we tell him not to, we tell him she needs sleep, we say he could talk to her softly. I just want to bop him in the head but I know that wont accomplish anything positive. I cant put her down in another room, he comes in. She doesn't stay asleep very long without me anyway. If I magically get her to sleep in...
I took chlorophyll in my drinking water and liver frozen as pills and swallowed in between bites of food that tasted good.
Quote: Originally Posted by GoddessKristie Also, you only have to milk once a day while the calf is still nursing. You just separate them in the morning and do your milking at night, then put them together overnight. That baby will still get pleanty of milk (just like a human mother pumping), I have goats and milk once a day, but I milk in the morning and separate them during the night. The babies need the milk during the day, but are less...
I am new to the farm life, but we have goats and we are going to be slaughtering and eating the 2 little boy goats, and I told my ds this. He looked at one of the goats and said "I want to eat his head off. it looks tasty!" I hope he is as excited when the time really comes.
"old" unpasteurized honey is "aged" it doesn't go bad, but the flavors will get deeper and more complex over time and the color will darken. Aged oak honey is amazing. Think of aging cheese. As it ages it becomes even easier to digest as the enzymes it break down.
I have also heard that it doesn't stay true, but I am just going to go with all raw anyway. I used it for a year all raw until I got pregnant with dd (didn't feel like keeping up with my little "pets" at the time) and it seemed to get a little more runny by the end, but it was still delicious. I don't mind it runny because I usually shake it up to make it liquidy before I use it anyway. I just don't feel like I have the time or interest to pasteurize or heat up milk. It is...
it came in powdered cow milk I think. if you do a couple or more batches in goat milk before using it I would think it would be safe. The site I bought it from said not to use it in goat's milk, but I think it is great that way. Maybe someone sells it already in goat's milk, or someone is using it in goat's milk and can share with you. I have also heard not to use raw milk because the culture will change over time from the natural bacteria, but I don't mind that either....
you can find mason jars almost anywhere. Look for the "wide-mouth" style, they are easier to clean. Fry's has them, Smart & Final, Ace Hardware. I have pint and quart size ones so far. I am going to buy some half-gallon today from http://www.goodmans.net They are listed under the brand Ball, if you look there. They seem to have good prices.
it is important to add enough old bucha when starting a new batch. I made that mistake when I first got a scoby a couple years ago. It will definitely mold if it isn't acidic enough. I don't think you added enough old bucha.