or Connect

Posts by CluckyInAZ

I thought maybe they could pick the lock, but a google search shows they would probably just kick it in. Personally I would rather have the door kicked in than spend my whole labor in fear, if those were the only two options. If I were in labor and my kids were home and I was somewhere I wanted the door locked but left it unlocked, I would also be afraid that one of my kids would open the door and wander off while I was in labor land. I found this site which has some...
I just remembered that my mw also advised me to watch funny movies, so we watched a lot of those. She also said watching the occasional tear jerker could be helpful, but I was already crying all the time! but maybe there would be something to that. I did feel comfortable having my UC after I moved. I was sure things were going to go badly if I didn't move before having the baby. If you are not mentally there to have a UC this time, you shouldn't feel guilty about it...
I put a tiny bit in my water for drinking. I think it tastes sweet when it is just a little. I also drink hot water with more vinegar in it and honey and maybe a squeeze of lemon. I love that first thing in the morning, or winding down in the evening. I also use it to make stock, like everyone else.
I am so sorry you are going through this. Your posts sound like how I felt during my latest pregnancy when I was living with my dh's grandparents. I started seeing a midwife and then she wanted to do a bunch of tests on me because the stress was killing my body so much ( my face would go numb and so would my arms when I had a panic attack. just half my face and one arm.) I would get dizzy and have to lay on the ground for a long time. I would lose my eyesight. My iron was...
if you feel uncomfortable with the door unlocked, and you would leave it unlocked specifically for emergency personnel, thus expecting something to go wrong with concrete actions, I cant see how that would be conducive to a good labor environment. I am sure emergency personnel have a way to get through locked doors anyway.
south river miso has a recipe for smashing the sardines and mixing it with adzuki bean miso and using it as a cracker spread. I never got around to trying it, but it sounds tasty.
I shoot for an ounce a day.
I would also go with lamb liver. Chicken liver has less nutrition in it, it is still great to eat but the most bang for your swallow of liver is probably going to be lamb, if not pig -- which I don't know about. Seems like pig has more vitamin C than lamb. Pig liver http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20ZP.html lamb liver http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21DI.html chicken liver http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20Ak.html
I don't think I have raccoons. Are skunks the same? The man who runs the feed store just told me to make sure I use the small chicken wire, he didn't say they could break through it.
I would buy the raw milk, hands down. Even if quality control of organics was worth mentioning so you would actually know the store brand was really "organic", which it isn't. The "organic" milk is probably feedlot milk too. I would definitely get the real eggs vs. the store ones too. Pasture makes a huge difference. I think the sun actually shining on the birds is huge too.