or Connect

Posts by Knitting Mama

Yeah, I forgot to mention that my sister measured 2-4 weeks ahead, depending on where she was in the pregnancy, with both of her kids and they were in the 6-8 lb range. So measuring ahead doesn't necessarily mean that there's a huge baby in there, though I totally understand your concern given Elsa's size.
When I had BH last pregnancy (haven't had any yet this pregnancy), my whole abdomen would get very hard, but not painful. It was very noticeably hard, though.
I didn't experience what you did last time around, but I do have a whole list of things I feel like I "should" have done differently or insisted on, etc (things like sneaking food while in labor because it's ridiculous for a diabetic mother to not eat, C-section risk or not). It actually helps me to write them down, because it helps me to reaffirm why they matter to me. And then, when I go into labor this time, I will know that these things matter to me and can insist...
We have this one, and Cecilia loves it. She asks for it a lot. I change the words so that I'm talking about "Cece" and "Baby Brother," when I read it. I also change the page about "making the baby stop crying" to "helping Baby Brother feel better," or something like that. It's nice because it shows breastfeeding ("mimis" in our world) and babywearing. I wish it showed bed sharing, but hey, can't have it all. 
I think it's pretty common for the baby to be more still when you're doing things to "rock" him/her to sleep and to be more active when you rest. That's how both of my pregnancies have gone.
I know what you mean. While we're not ending co-sleeping, we have been trying to have my husband comfort Cece when she wakes up with disastrous results. It's one thing when she cries because I've told her she can't have something/kick the cat/whatever, but when she's crying because she needs Mama and I'm not going to her....yeah, I just can't take it. I just can't do it.
I just do it with juice. The ratio that sallyrae17 mentioned is what I use, but I just do less of it at a time-- 4 tsp. of chia seeds to 1/2 cup of juice.
Oh, and chia gel, made with juice instead of water, is totally like candy. I really, really like it! 
I know some people use them in gel format (mixing chia seed with water) for preventative care, but the way I was taught and have used them is to drink some water so your throat is hydrated, then take a pinch of chia seed and swallow them dry. Then, 10-15 minutes later, drink a bunch of water so you don't get dehydrated.