or Connect

Posts by mltjm

Adorkable, thanks, I am looking forward to reading the book!   queenofchaos- those guiding questions were extremely helpful!! Thank you!
I'm due with twins (di-di) in 9 weeks, giving birth in the hospital, and I have a bunch of questions!! Please help me out if you have any info.   #1. Induction: Did you or didn't you do it? How far along were you? Why or why not?  What method? I'm on the fence about this one, leaning towards no induction, but I don't know enough about it to make an informed decision.    #2. Non-medicated issues: I am not planning on having an epidural but suspect they will want...
Being pregnant with twins, I totally agree with you. I am not comfortable with many ultrasounds during pregnancy. With this pregnancy I had a dating U/S done at 7 weeks because I suspected my LMP would not be reliable for making a correct due date and I didn't want any problems or pressures later about being overdue when I really wasn't. So I had the dating U/S done and that was when they found twins, and I have honestly had too many to count since then. It's not ideal,...
tzs, I guess so. I'm sooo not ready mentally to take her out!!
Sorry, didn't realize that was confusing. She sleeps with me in my bed every night (DH and I have separate beds) and usually wakes up every 4 hours. On the nights I sleep in DH's bed ;-), she sleeps alone in my bed and only wakes up after 5-7 hours. That is why I am considering moving her into a PNP, so she can sleep longer. But I;m wondering if 6mos is too early for her to be sleeping alone, and also, how to painlessly make the transition. Thanks.
Thanks for the advice everyone. To those who were wondering, DD can now sleep 5-7 hours at a stretch on a good night, (usually the nights DH and I are, um, using, another bed ;) ) which is why I think she is just waking up from me. On the other hand, I firmly believe that babies should be sleeping with their mothers, so I haven't decided whether or not it's too early to put her in a pack in play. Any thoughts on that?   I've heard of the no-cry book, but never read,...
I've been co sleeping with my baby since she was born. She is now 6 months old and I'm wondering how and when to wean her of cosleeping. By now I'm pretty sure the only reason she's still waking up every 4-5 hours is because she smells me or wakes up from me moving, and the whole sleep deprivation thing is really getting old.I don't think I will put her in her own room till I know she is sleeping through the night but I would like to switch her to a pack n play in my...
I am pregnant and am seriously considering giving birth at home. However my insurance (aetna) has deemed it 'an unsafe way to give birth'. Have you ever fought an insurance company for the right to homebirth? If you did, how did you go about it? Any experiences, references and advice welcome. Thanks!!