or Connect

Posts by SouthernBette

I wish I had seen this sooner.  I posted a thread yesterday about being a full-time working mom who EBF.  Now I want to extend beyond a year to two years and was wondering about the logistics.  Like CI Mama, I am on a college campus, so I have an office and pretty supportive colleagues where I pumped during the first year, but now I'd like to just feed on demand at home and stop pumping after her first birthday.  It is so refreshing to hear from other working mothers who...
P.S. Great article, Mosaic! Thanks for the pumping advice, too, Schae.  I will return to work when my daugther is 10 months+, but I won't have the lovely supply that Mosaic has, so I may pump a little to store.  Otherwise, this truly made me feel like--at least with this baby--I should be able to BF without a hitch.
Wow.  These are such positive and helpful responses.  Thank you so much for the advice.  I do appreciate your encouragement, and I'm excited that I'll be able to continue feeding beyond a year.
Hey, ladies.  I'm a full-time professor who is home for the summer until the end of August with my sweet almost 8-month-old girl.  She was exclusively breastfed until 6 months, and she is still predominantly nourished by my milk. Nursing was a breeze for us, really.  She latched on fine, and even when I returned to work, I was able to pump once a day and come home for lunch for a feeding.  We cosleep, which helps with my supply, and I've always loved the time I spend...
I'm so sorry that I am just reading this news.  My heart feels like it could burst for MistyMama and her sweet Gavin.  My hugs and thoughts to you and yours. 
Lyndz, I'm so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your daunting and lovely tale.  I need to sit down and write Rowan's story when my semester ends.  I hope I can do it justice in the same way that you told Cadence's lovely story. 
Thanks for sharing your stories, ladies.  I feel the same as many of you do.   I split the difference with my expectations--a hospital birth with a midwife who shared my birth plan vision of an all-natural, "use your  instincts" approach to birth.  After being talked into an induction at 41 weeks--I had hoped to wait a few more days at least--a ramped up pitocin drip, an unplanned epidural, a midwife who left me scared and directionless during labor, a last minute...
 Yes! All of the above! We even bought a lovely co-sleeper with good intentions, but our baby girl wouldn't have it.  Now that she sleeps in the crook of my arm every night, I can't imagine it any other way. We get tons of sleep, it is best for breastfeeding, and it allows us to reconnect every single night.  Co-sleeping equals bliss for our family.  DH gets to snuggle with her in the mornings while I am getting up and getting ready for work, so he even gets his share.
Thank you so much for updating us. MistyMama: We have you in our healing thoughts. I'm so sorry for your difficult time right now. Please let me know if I can send anything down that way for you. Hugs to you and your family.
We are 3.5 weeks and just got a series of real smiles a few days ago. It is obvious when she is grinning in response to her mommy and daddy acting silly over her. I keep having dreams that she is speaking to me, but that will be a while.