or Connect

Posts by sundaya

We had to be more careful with the early bedtimes in the beginning- it was like she had to learn to redistribute her energy. At first, she just didn't have any left by 6:30 or so. She just started waking up really early this week, though (like 4 am), so I think we're going to move bedtime later. It really wasn't very long that we had to do the very early, and your DS might be a bit different. During the early times, if I knew we were going to do something later than 7,...
This sounds exactly like my DD's(20 months) breath holding spells, except I'm not clear if your LO is passing out, but mine was. She would get really upset, get a certain pitch to her cry, as though she couldn't catch her breath, turn grey, and go limp. She started having them at about 11 months, when hurt, or with extreme emotion, such as temper tantrums. Here's what has worked for us. The minute she got the tone of crying that we knew meant she was going to have...
Both my DC gave up naps around 18-20 months. What happened with DD was that she would take a great nap, but then it would take 8-9 hours of wake time for her to fall asleep, putting her at around 10 pm or later bedtime. She just started taking longer and longer to go to sleep, finally up to about 2 hours. I can barely stay up that late. So, she was sleeping from 10 pm-7 am, and a 1 1/2 hour nap, 10 1/2 hours total sleep. I tried everything else first, earlier naptime...
Hugs to you. My DD was this way. I can remember days of sleep-deprived blur. Teething was always a big issue for her, and it seemed like she was always teething. One dose of Motrin before bed helped her sleep longer through the early part of the night ( I know some don't agree with that, but it worked). Teething tablets helped, but not as much. Sleeping a bit less close to her helped, as I think I woke her when we were sleeping snuggled closely. Also, making sure to get in...
It does get better! You are in the worst of it. My DD started sleeping 6-7 hours at a stretch, and then another 3-5 hours, around 13/14 months old, with the exception of teething. Now, at 18 months, we'll have a few bad nights here and there, and then a new tooth pops through, and then she's back to sleeping again. I can tell you how it works for me, although probably everyone is different. The first night I get sleep, I feel awful the next day. It's like I've been going...
DH was nervous, more than reluctant. We can't have the mattress on the floor, because DH is allergic to our dog, who would be constantly in the bed if he could be. So, DH built sort of a wall on one side, the entire length of the bed, with a changing table on the other side. DD is a heat-seeking baby, though, and is always touching one of us. We have had rough nights. Teething stinks. But, teething is easier when no one has to go get the baby from the other room. DD is...
Yeah, my DD gets really agitated when I stop her, especially at night. During the day, she'll usually be distracted. This won't help with stopping it, but it helps me not be injured during the night- I file her fingernails. Just cutting them leaves them still with some sharp spots, but if I file them with an emery board, they're smooth.
Congratulations Shy!!!!!!!!!! H and H 9 months to you!
I think, like everything, it depends on your individual child. NCSS worked great for me. I have a 15 month old who, at around 11 months was waking hourly, and would become hysterical and wide awake if the nipple didn't find her mouth within moments. She's now sleeping 6-8 hour stretches. She usually wakes around 11, after a 8:30 bedtime, then sleeps until at least 5:30, and sometimes straight through until 7:30. We've had a few hiccups with teething- but she went straight...
finnegansmom- I just saw your chart. I got a positive opk on cd 12, and then nothing until cd 17 and 18 positive opks, and I o'd on cd 19. Very interesting. I wonder if maybe the maca was trying hard to get us there early, but in the end, didn't quite make it? My dd got in 3 new molars in one cycle, so there was a nursing festival going on at my house. I'm just glad to get them out of the way in one cycle. I don't have much hopes for this cycle, as a result, though. I...