or Connect

Posts by sundaya

This was us. DD was 31 months old when DS was born. DD was super high needs, and had slept through the night for about 3 months. Then, it all went to hell....she would wake at 4 am for the day, take 3 hours to go to sleep at night, wake 15 times, and be so overtired that she was a tantrum-ing mess. Literally, hours long all-out screaming, because she wanted the blue cup, even though she said she wanted the pink cup. My DH often worked during bedtime.   The only...
9.20 $22 for groceries. Why, oh why can't I just stay out of grocery stores? 9.21 no spend, hung laundry to dry 9.22 no spend. Oh, Target....all those bright lights and pretty colors...I can go in for toilet paper, and come out spending $100. Bad bad place for me.   Orangemomma- I'm trying to go with what we have for Halloween, also, other than costumes for the kiddos. What about baking something fun?   Surfacing- what a relief the childcare subsidy must...
I had to respond, as you sound so much like me, before I conceived DS. I had DD at 41. Got PPAF back when she was 6 months old, and had an early m/c when she was 10 months old. Then....nothing. And nothing. And, then, when I was 43, and DD was almost 2, conceived DS. He was born 6 weeks before I turned 44. I would welcome another, even though I just turned 45.   I'm so sorry for your loss. Since you were able to get pregnant, though, I would think all is not lost on...
9.19 $48 for groceries. Not only did I go over budget by $18, but I was hoping to put off going at all for another 3 or 4 days. :( I have a (already paid for) meat CSA on 9/22, and a (already budgeted) produce CSA on 9/24, so I'm hoping to get by on the $20 that I've left myself otherwise for the month. That means I have to stop going to the grocery store every single day. We have enough meat in the freezer that, with the addition of the meat CSA, it will get us...
9.17 Walmart 47.00.          10 for shoes for DS (planned) DONE with kids clothes shopping for the winter. Yippee!!          10 for hang dry contraption (planned)          7 for heavy cream, to stave off going to another store for a while longer (planned)          20 for pyrex, 6 pieces with lids (Not planned)   :(  9.18 Wholefoods  20.00        milk, produce, chicken, to keep us going for another week with what we have at home. Very proud of myself for...
And then we all got sick. Sorry for disappearing :( Intown Doula: No, not crafty. I'm not sure how they choose the avatar. I'm trying to learn. I just got a sewing machine, but then we all got this nasty cold, and I haven't even learned to thread it yet. Good luck with crocheting!  I did that as a child, but for the life of me, don't remember anything about how to do it.   Bellydance: What days are you guys free? I'm hoping we're on the tail end of this bug, so...
Oh do I need this! a. Who you are ; Sundaya, a  40 something SAHM of 2 little ones b. Where you are going (your financial goals) Working on BS 3. Battling complacency. We relaxed a bit after finishing BS 2, and then there were all the expenses that were put off while repaying debt. Trying to get our intensity back again. We have a 96 vehicle with 150000 miles on it that will need replacing, so we are working on a sinking fund for that. We also have a 22 year old...
Yes, I quit during pregnancy, twice....wish now I'd stayed quit, but the sleep deprivation demands something. I think everyone is different. I have to quit slowly, over a month or more, or I get migraines. Even quitting slowly, the first week off is dreadful, and, for me, withdrawal peaks around 4-5 days after the last sip. Then, it gradually gets better. After a while, I wake up feeling refreshed from sleeping, sleep better at night, and just overall feel better....
First off, big hugs. It will get better. I feel like my kids "try" to break me, but stop just short....just when I think I'm going to die, it gets better. the teeth pops through (usually) and we can all sleep again. Remind yourself that this isn't forever, although I do know it feels like it while you're in it. Second, ask for help. There are no medals given out for this :) This AP thing can be hard. CIO came (IMO) from the breakdown of the extended family, and not...
Hey everyone, I'm a SAHM with 2 littles- 3.5 and 13 months. Would love to meet some other mommies to hang out with at parks and such. All my friends have teenagers, and DD (the 3.5 year old) really would like to have some buddies on a more regular basis. I'd also love to find some friends who have little ones and at least some similar attitudes to mine, or at least not gasping when they find out I'm still nursing my 13 month old...more than once per day....and...