or Connect

Posts by sundaya

Just had to pop in with another "go-for-it" I had my first at 21, my second at 41, and my third at 43, just a few weeks shy of 44. My second was the hardest pregnancy. My third was the easiest, by far easier than the first. I bounced back much more quickly, felt great by the next morning. I had to keep reminding myself to slow down a bit, I just had a baby.   If my fertility comes back from nursing before menopause comes knocking, I'm hoping for just one more (or...
We went through a few months of crying as we were leaving- sobbing while saying good-bye, even to people DD had just met, say an hour ago. I think it was similar, a feeling of lack of control. The way that I handled it was to say to her something along the line of, "in 5 minutes we're going to leave. Let's start thinking about xyz that we are going to do next and how we are going to say good-bye here. We can say good-bye to your friend and to her cat, and to the slide...
Sending tons of hugs. I don't have any experience with cardiac surgery, however, I do have experience with being a pediatric ICU nurse. I would definitely use your nurses in the hospital as resources. Ask each one, because it's definitely hit or miss. A lot of my colleagues would have been aghast at the thought of bedsharing. I would have sat down with you and talked through what would work and what might not, and several other nurses I know would have. You don't even...
Thanks Ollyoxenfree!  I hear you on the raw milk. Same here, not legal :(  I don't think I"ve tried without the ice bath...I've experimented with everything else, I think, by now. I'll try that. Thanks for the idea. I did order some villi culture from the link above, so I'm interested to see how that turns out also.
Just wanted to wish tons and tons of babydust to those that are actively ttc-ing. mirpmama, I agree with everyone else. While I know how devastating and sad it is to know you're out for this cycle, it's early days yet. And 39, psshh, you're so young still. Give yourself a hug and some chocolate (or your treat of choice) and know that your next babe will come when he or she is meant to, and worrying won't change the timing of that.   Lynann, I love your family table...
Thank you!- yes, exactly the information I've been looking for. It's frustrating, because I used to buy "milk" and "yogurt" from the grocery store, and just go with it for months until we oopsie-d and ran out. I've googled the subject to death, but not seen the info at this link, so I'm going to buy me some and see what happens. So excited! Thank you again!
Line forming for twins, right here. I want some, too!!!
I did just think of something that has helped, but it's a big something, and not necessarily for everyone, but.... For me, eating primal, and mostly cutting out wheat and all processed foods,  has gotten rid of fibroids and changed my fertility completely, which seemed like it made it easier to conceive at 43 than it was at 40. It took about 2-ish years to conceive DD, and, while nursing the entire time, only about 14 months to conceive DS after PPAF- conceived DS when...
I had #2 and #3 at 41 and 43. I don't have any tips or tricks to offer, but good luck and it happens all the time!
I started making yogurt about 25 years ago, and took about 5 years off. During that time, they have ultra-pasteurized everything in the grocery store. I never used to have to strain to get good, thick yogurt, with plain old "organic" milk. Since I've started making yogurt again, since I won't buy ultra-pasteurized anything, I have found non-homogenized, low heat pasteurized, grass-fed milk that is affordable. And, it makes thin thin milky yogurt that I have to strain. I...