or Connect

Posts by sundaya

I think I would definitely consider paying off the student loans, IF you think you can bring your finances into the realm of do-able. I would first look into anything else you can do to lower payment/get assistance. I know you said you live frugally, but are there any other areas you can cut back? Cellphones, ditching cable for a digital antenna, cheap internet...? My experience is that if there is not enough income to pay the bills, then I feel like, well, we might as...
Sigh...the egg scorecard had me excited. The only ones available where I live are Vital Farms eggs, which are 6.19 a dozen :(   The cheapest I've ever seen eggs here that are pastured/ethically raised is 4.50. I get them through my CSA for 5.00 a dozen, because the 4.50 is a rare thing that I've occasionally seen at farmer's markets. I don't often go to them anymore, because the prduce is always SOOO much more expensive than the grocery store or my CSA. It seems like...
Darn it, I was hoping we'd be over this by 4- lol. I like the family meeting idea. We do a lot of the talking out, but maybe something slightly more formal would work better for her. The hard thing is that she totally gets it, understands, feels bad about her behavior, expresses what she could do instead, and then, bam, there we are again.  I guess I just need to get it through my head that it's a long process. Thank you...it helps so much to know that I'm not the...
Ahh, this is my weekly grocery store question. We do paleo/primal. Here's how I work it out in my head. I have read that animals store most toxins in fat, soooo if there is animal fat, I try to make sure it is good fat. To me, that means pastured/grassfed. We do whole fat dairy if it is grassfed. We cut off the fat and choose lean cuts of meat if it's not grassfed. I have looked far and wide for deals, but they are local to me. I get whole, low heat pasturized,...
Hi, you replied to my thread, and I've been going through something similar. It often seems like my DD is fine, and then, out of the blue, starts some of the same sort of behavior you're talking about. I try to get the one-on-one time in also, but I really think DD would be happy only if sucked into me one on one 24-7.   I've had some really good luck with "surprise" re-direction lately. Coming up with something so out-of the blue that it stops her in her tracks. For...
Ugh, me too! I feel like half my day is spent fighting an evil ant empire :(    What we've been doing worked really well for several months, but then it rained non-stop for days, and we've got them back again :( So, we are in the midst of re-doing our steps.  The first thing, is I would look to see if you can see where they live and pour boiling water on the hill. Lots of boiling water, as you want it to get down and kill the queen. We have lots of tiny hills, I've never...
Waaaaah!!!! Me, too!!! My 11 1/2 month old is getting 3 molars and 2 canines at once, and I'm not sure I'm going to live through it. He was sleeping *decent*, which, to me, is a stretch of 3 or 4 hours, and otherwise waking to nurse every 1 to 2 hours. He was starting to take naps in his crib for like 1 hour or more (a novelty to me, as DD was an in-arms girl). Now, I think he nursed ALL night last night, and I can't sleep-nurse (I do doze, just not good sleep). And I'm...
We've got a similar dynamic. DD is 3 1/2, DS is 11 months. I noticed this sort of jealous behavior start up again when DS became more mobile, and into her stuff. It will quickly turn into, everything is mine (from the 3 1/2 year old). One thing I do is to address DS completely when DD does something aggressive (Ie, no attention to the one who is misbehaving). I will pick him up, and snuggle him, and say, "Oh, poor baby, that must really hurt, etc." Usually, after a few...
Kuba's Mama, Thank you for this. It's good to read, because this is actually what we did do, a few nights ago. We ended up in the bedroom with a locked door in between us. DS and I on one side of the door, him, while she pounded and screamed on the other side :(  I kept reassuring her that we were there and she was safe, and as soon as she could calm down so that we could all be safe without kicking/hitting, I would open the door. I told her I could hear how...
Anyone near Duluth, with lil ones, that would like to get together for a playgroup, or any ongoing that we could join?  I have a dd, 3 1/2 years old, and ds, 11 months.