or Connect

Posts by sundaya

Thanks quantumleap.....your post gave me lots to think about. I did tons of research, and came to the conclusion that there was a reason my mei tai only cost $20.... It's shorter than most, with shorter straps, and just kind of gaps out at the top with almost no support for my little guy. When I put my 3 year old in it, it comes up to between her mid and low back, and she's not a big kid. I like your idea of a head shawl thingie, but just decided that my mei tai itself...
This was us 6 months ago when DS was born....so, for starters, it will get better. My DH also works nights, and DD (2 1/2 then, 3 now) was waking 4-6 times a night for a while and needing intense cuddling to go back to sleep. Not to mention bedtime with both of them by myself....Some days we were up from 3:30 in the morning. DD also no longer naps, and the few times I tried to re-instate them were disastrous. I was a walking zombie, but somehow it all did work out, even...
Thank you for responding, Cristeen... Wish I could sew.... sadly, I'm able to get buttons back on things but that's about it. I'm going to try the tibetan tie and see if that makes a difference. Your post gave me the thought of looking to see if there's anything sold that would do the same thng, though, and there is, so that might be an option, much cheaper than an ergo (I just keep balking at the price of the ergos!!) Hmmm. I wonder if my mei tai is shorter than...
NAK Thank you so much banshee taco! That helps tremendously and was exactly the information I needed to hear. I just feel like I can't get the (very) wiggly guy contained well enough in the mei tai. Even pulling the long tie way high on his back, he still arches back a bit more than is comfortable for me (obviously it's comfortable for him, because he keeps doing it lol) I think I'm gonna order an Ergo now :)  
Definitely. We eat paleo/primal, so lots of plants, plus lots of meat/fish/chicken/eggs with cheese and yogurt and  fruit for DD, also 3. She no longer nurses. I only mention all that to say, kinda opposite end of the spectrum, OP, but same end result ;)   She goes 1-3 times a day, sometimes, though rarely, skips a day, but most often it's once daily. Usually she'll have one major one, and the diameter as well as amount have me going...hmmmm....ouch...?  But it doesn't...
I'm transitioning my 6 month old from Moby to ....yes, that's the question. DD  was a ring-sling hip carry girl. She hated being on my back, and was content to watch everything I was doing, and I just put her behind my arm when I needed to do something and be sure she couldn't touch it.  DS in a hip carry is a nightmare- he wants to grab and hold and put in his mouth, and if I put him behind me, he arches and wiggles almost to the point of falling out. Makes simple...
no problem. Feel better soon!
Next week, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday works for me.
I have almost the same age difference, with a non-napping 3 year old and a 6 month old, so I just wanted to say a big, I hear ya!! Our days are confounded by DH's flipping schedule- he works 12 hours, sometimes days, sometimes nights and has to sleep during the day. I don't have a strict schedule, per se, but we're in progress with working out a routine. What I started with was a blank sheet of notebook paper and what time things happen that cannot change, and went from...
Thanks! Going for a walk is a great idea. DD and I need that, too, and I've been trying to figure out where to fit it in. Yes, DD can play quietly by herself, but I guess the issue is more him, the moment he hears her voice, even in a low tone, his eyes pop open, he might be missing something, you know. I'd be thrilled to get him at least one decent nap a day, but most of his naps are, literally, less than 10 minutes. Definitely going to go for a long walk today and...