or Connect

Posts by MomtoOlivia

HI! I will admit, I'm not too "up" on the natural living..... I love coming to this board and "lurking", I am an AP parent to my 2 kids and that's why I've been around here ~ BUT my MIL is VERY natural, and I have no backing to her claims. Sometimes it drives me nuts. She is completely into herbs, they are her life, and I am very leery. Of course I've gotten my information from my pediatrician, whom I respect completely, and she is very "natural" herself, but...
I have posted here and also seen lots of posts on excema problems in our kids... I tried (it seems like!) EVERYTHING to figure out what was causing my dd's excema... milk, dairy, wheat, eggs, lotion... What I have found, and it has made a WORLD of difference, is cutting out the Downy fabric softener. I used All Free and Clear detergent, but never really thought about the Downy : but since I've switched to Downy Free & Clear we have not had ANY problems with her...
I have been guilty of too much TV too... and just in the last couple weeks I've tried to do something about it. It's hard with it being winter and being so cold, we don't go outside at all (I've got a 23 mo and a 7 mo). But I have noticed that if I don't turn it on, we end up doing things together, playing, talking... I haven't really intended to do anything new or exciting, we just DO them because there isn't anything else to do. I play on the floor with both...
Aveeno products work wonders, they use oatmeal and are soap free. We use the Aveeno baby wash, lotion, and diaper rash cream and I have seen a HUGE difference in her skin. As for the detergent, I'm using Free and Clear All, but I'm curious to find out if there are better ones out there. Good luck, it's so sad to see their skin hurting so bad, I'm still looking for things that will help too!