or Connect

Posts by teagan01

My twins just went through that stage, they are 9 mos. For 3 months I was up every hour since they would sleep two hours and need nursed, so draining. Now they get up 1-3 times each and I am thankful for that. DH would rock the babies first and see if they needed me. It worked for the time before midnight.
I agree with asawesa on cooked meals/coupons. I also found that friends said they would come and help but life gets so busy they forget! Maybe put a few dates on a card saying you will come over and help with the house/food/babies. I so wish I had more help, especially since my family lives back East! You could also print a picture of the necklances you ordered and put those in the card.
Thank you dividedsky. Yes, I am EBF both girls. However they don't fall asleep on the boob, only at night and their choice. They will not tandem nurse anymore either since they pick on each other. Thank you storylady, I will definitely give that a try! I have a white noise as well so we shall see if that works.
My girls are 9mos old and I have found a hiccup for putting girls down for naps. My routine right now is putting DD1 down while DD2 plays downstairs. Recently she does not like being by herself while I rock DD1 and starts to cry, they DD1 wakes up and I have to start all over (they both start to cry when alone downstairs). I don't let DD2 cry for more than 2 minutes so leaving her there to cry is not an option. Wondering what others do while putting twins down for...
I started signing around 5 mos. One twin will do the sign for milk 1 out of 5 times starting at 8 mos. My other twin has not started yet and they are 8.5 mos now.
I had Mastitis from pumping (twin daughters were not BFing at the time due to heart surgery and balancing between both babies). My supply went WAY down but I continued to pump for 2 months (lost 2 ounces every pump on the one side from having Mastitis). Then I became a SAHM and started EBFing both babies. My supply went way up again. I had a bad experience though with my Mastitis. I didn't do well with antibiotics, had 8 days of high fever, 105, and then hospitalized...
Quote: Originally Posted by GandEmama Thanks for the encouragement! That's so wonderful and gives me such hope! How did you do it? I told myself that I would not supplement with a bottle for at least two days and just keep trying and trying. I would help them by expressing the milk into their mouth to let them know that being at the breast was for food. I would help them over the next week here and there, mostly for the first couple...
My 8.5 mos olds only get 2 tbsp of Cereal and a Fruit or Veggie a day. I am not in a rush since I am BFing and I want to continue my milk supply (especially since I have twins). I may increase it over the next month or two but will not be replacing feedings anytime soon.
I only wore one baby at a time and we went through a month or two when they knew the other baby was with me. I would wear one baby while sitting close to the other baby and slowly stand up and talk to the baby on the floor. I did this a while and I believe I built trust in the other baby. I swapped them regulalry. Now they are 8.5 months old and I still do wear them but they just LOVE to sit in their stroller and chat to each other! With multiples you can't really...
Can I join too? I have 9 mos old twin girls and the one DD wakes every 45 minutes from 7p-2a, then at 4a and 6a. Her sister only wakes 2-3 times which is fine. DH does a great job but I wish we had family near by to help, we never get a break. Family is on the east coast and we are on the west. I keep telling myself they are only little once and that helps a lot. I can't sleep during the day because DD only naps for a short time. I am greatful for the support of these...