or Connect

Posts by KGB

We delayed clamping/cutting for the following reasons: 1) It eases the transition with the baby getting oxygen through the cord to breathing with his lungs. If you cut the cord too quickly, you're basically forcing him to get ALL his oxygen through his lungs immediately which I imagine would be a shock to the system. 2) It allows blood to continue flowing to the baby as needed to deliver oxygen and oxytocin. I've heard that when a baby is placed on his mother's chest,...
Quote: Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie I don't disagree with you, but where do you draw that line? It is my opinion that eating meat is harmful, especially for young children. Formula feeding permanently alters the body. Vaccines permanently alter the body. Anything other than a perfectly healthy diet alters the body. Not allowing children to wean naturally alters the way their body would have worked normally. Not co-sleeping is unnatural, and surely has...
Quote: Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma There is NO comparison. ... It just isnt the same. As an anti-infant circ and anti-infant piercing father, I'm NOT trying to equate the following: 1) The procedure of circumcision and piercing. 2) The pain of circumcision and piercing. 3) The future effects of circumcision and piercing. What I AM trying to equate is: *** The lack of CHOICE the child has in the modification of his/her...
Quote: Originally Posted by Honey693 I just don't get the reasoning behind this, but maybe I'm missing something... From your description, I can only assume they believed it was a "necessary evil," which means they were convinced it was "the right thing to do" by people close to them or medical professionals. I'd say the majority of people that seem to abhor the procedure but have it done anyway are people that have blind faith in doctors....
I'm a 33yo intact male. As far back as I can remember, I've never had any problems. I have a 1mo intact son. No problems so far. Quote: Originally Posted by erin23kate I discovered that intact boys don't pee all over you during diaper changes! Please tell my son this because apparently he didn't get the memo.
Glad to see this garnering national attention: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37342877...and_parenting/
An interesting thing about wisdom teeth is that they're a useless product of evolution. With our modern diet, we no longer need extra "grinding" teeth at the back of our mouths. The uselessness can be evidenced by the fact that many people do not get wisdom teeth anymore. I only had 2 (top) that were coming in that were removed. No bottom teeth were found with x-rays. So in that aspect, they are in fact removing a non-functioning part since having no wisdom teeth will...
Quote: Originally Posted by LinzyJ be proud that you are a good mama bear! I'm actually a proud daddy bear. Thanks for the good advice everybody!
Quote: Originally Posted by Claire and Boys .. that Americans routinely remove healthy wisdom teeth from people. I'm not sure that's entirely correct. Generally, dentists will do x-rays to see if wisdom teeth will become impacted due to lack of space in the mouth. If it appears there will be a problem, they will recommend removal, otherwise they'll just leave em alone. At least that's what I've seen. Perhaps an analogy might be the routine...
My son was born 2 weeks ago. He's our first child and he will remain intact. We're on Maternity/Paternity leave for 6 months and then we will need to enroll him in a daycare center. When the daycare workers change his diaper, should we be worried that they might retract him? Should we talk to the manager of the daycare or all the workers to make sure they know not to retract him? I still worry that some overenthuiastic worker that didn't get the memo will treat him...