or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by KGB

I am ANTI-infant circ and ANTI-infant piercing. For me, it all boils down to consent. Parents should NOT have the right to alter the bodies of their sons or daughters without their consent (barring any type of life or death emergency procedure). People can argue that ear piercings aren't nearly as bad or traumatic as a circumcision, but that still doesn't make it right. Body-altering procedures are mostly done for the parent's benefit, not the child's. (I want him to...
It was a good interview. Thanks.
My wife has been doing research on retraction and read that some boys will be fully retractable at 1 or 2 years old. I'm not sure how common that is or if it's due to forced retraction as infants. If it is in fact true that boys can naturally be fully retractable at such a young age, she believes it's important to methodically clean that area for him since he may not be old enough to do it himself yet, based on articles that she's read. I've told her the best thing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smithie there have been issues with insurance companies refusing to pay the baby's bill if the mom had signed them out AMA. That seems contradictory to the way insurance companies seem to work. You'd think that they would jump at the chance to not have to cover an extra day at the hospital. Why would they want to incur more costs by requiring that mothers stay longer?
Quote: Originally Posted by 2boyzmama She answered "Thanks, it's a decision that hubby and I will have to make together." What does that mean??? Sounds like she's getting pressure from hubby to circ and feels obligated to respect his decision. That's purely an assumption on my part, but it wouldn't surprise me if the boy gets cut. There are always two facets of the circ debate: Logic and emotion. Sadly, emotional responses/reactions that...
My wife and I just took a childbirth class. The instructor has been a L&D nurse for many years and was also a doula. She mentioned that there has been a swing in the way that births are "managed" in hospitals within the last 3 years or so. Many studies have been done about intimate skin-to-skin contact between mother and baby shortly after birth and they've found that it results in less stress for mother and baby, makes it easier to latch on for breastfeeding, and may...
Quote: Originally Posted by tribord So after his "session" this morning DH comes to me and cries "they mutilated me" and "I want my foreskin back". He was saying it in a mock-devastated manner, but I could tell he actually was upset. It takes a lot of guts for a guy to admit that a sexual piece of his body is missing, mockingly or not. When talking about any of the benefits of leaving foreskins intact, I would do my best to make sure your DH...
Nicely written. The following quote explains the main reason why circ is not illegal and still practiced today: "Facts can be disproved, and theories based on them will yield in time to rational arguments and proof that they don't work. But myth has its own furious, inherent reason-to-be because it is tied to desire. Prove it false a hundred times, and it will still endure because it is true as an expression of feeling.... It is illogical -- or at least, pre-logical;...
Quote: Originally Posted by TCMoulton Nope, not the same at all. Circumcision involves the body of a child which many here believe neither the mother nor the father have the right to make such a decision whereas childbirth involves only the body of your wife. Regardless of how you may feel about how childbirth should ideally be handled the decisions around your wife's labor and delivery should be ones that she is completely comfortable with no matter your...
Quote: Originally Posted by TCMoulton While I understand your desire to have your wife see your point of view on this topic I would have to say that since she is the one giving birth that she be the one to decide when i is best to head to the hospital. If her medical background makes her inclined to head to the hospital as soon as her water breaks then so be it. Her birth, her decision. I understand your point, but that's an oversimplification....
New Posts  All Forums: