or Connect

Posts by KGB

Quote: Originally Posted by mymary He said "he needs a circ, theres just too much skin, his head is huge, and where is the pee hole? Does it line up with the hole in the foreskin? Your husband is NOT educated about foreskins and circumcision. You ARE. Protecting your baby is the wisest thing to do, even if it appears you're going against DH's wishes. He will realize the benefits in time if he chooses to research it. You can help him. If he...
you're at a golf course and every time someone yells "FORE!" you yell "SKIN!"
Wow. I never realized that forced retraction is a pretty common occurrence. It seems challenging enough to protect our sons from the knife, you wouldn't think that they would need continued protection from doctors that are somehow magically drawn to unsheathing an intact penis. It must have something to do with lack of education/training. Perhaps they only learn how to care for a circ'd penis (continuously retracting to prevent adhesion) so they think those methods apply...
This thread really needs to be made into a Sticky. This is one of the most valuable threads in the entire TCAC section IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by saffrongirl So here's the thing: My brother is now saying all these things about "thank God we were here since baby was lethargic!" And "imagine if we hadn't had an epi! She would have passed out from pain!" And "what if she had tried to push too soon?!" It's driving me nuts! I feel like the labor could have been way shorter if she had moved around and changed positions. Or if she had gone about her daily activities instead of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyrestorm I would have said "no, that's normal. It's what it's supposed to look like." That's probably what I would have said too. I believe kids often use the word "funny" to mean "different". I'm sure it was just a simple observation. People will notice the difference between a cut penis and an intact one throughout their lives, but what ultimately matters is when people are at an age when they finally educate...
My wife's friend/coworker has a 13yo son who has actually gotten teased about it recently. I thought it a bit strange that boys would bring up the topic of other penises without someone playing the "gay" card. Well, apparently, the 13yo wants to get circ'd now and I believe his mother supports his decision. First of all, I think he's too young to make a decision like that simply based on being teased. Second of all, even if he does get it done, it won't stop the...
Quote: Originally Posted by daisymama12 He's really old for separating, isn't he? I've heard that it normally separates fully at puberty. I don't know when mine separated, but I never fully retracted it until I was around 12yo.
Quote: Originally Posted by calngavinsmom Why is it so very important when used to condone circ, but when used to condone leaving a baby intact, all of a sudden it isn't as critical. Because it's one of those excuses that defy logic. I think it was an empty excuse contrived by men to convince women that circ is the way to go. Afterall, how many women have firsthand experience of what it's like in a men's locker room? Thus any arguments women...
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane... No, it's Intact Man!! Now we need a good superhero costume.