or Connect

Posts by KGB

Quote: Originally Posted by Contented73 I don't know, if everyone is so anti-circ, why aren't more health care professionals refusing to perform or assist with circs? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Could also be pressure from hospital/clinic administrators or managers that are only interested in the bottom line.
That's an interesting study. I can't speak for them, but I would define a newborn as a child between 0-1 month of age. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ent_stages.png
Quote: Originally Posted by tammylsmith He needs to see examples of intact men who are confident and did not have any problems fitting in with their peers in high school/jr high. I'm an intact man. I've never been teased about my penis. Most kids are shy about being naked in general anyway, and in school, I never got completely undressed if I could help it. The hard truth is guys don't stand around locker rooms comparing penises. It just doesn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by serendipity22 And what disorder was the surgeon who did this completely unnecessary surgery suffering from? Ive noticed that people who run around getting unnecessary surgery for themselves or for their child (alleged Munchasens by proxy) are deemed to be mentally ill, while the behaviour of the surgeon is deemed acceptable. The man that had BIID placed his leg in a container of dry ice for about 4-6 hours. He was...
The numbers just don't add up. In a country like Iceland or the UK where circumcision rates are below 20%, HIV prevalence is ranked at #100 and #95 in the world, respectively. In the US where circumcision rates are (and have been) around 50-80%, HIV prevalence is ranked at #68 in the world! So if the US has one of the highest rates of circs in the world, we should have the lowest rates of HIV, right? But that just doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone else...
When people have limbs or organs removed, there's typically a sensation called "Phantom Pain" that remains. Basically your body still believes the part that was removed should still be there and your brain still tells you that the missing part hurts or itches. I also saw Taboo on the National Geographic channel about Misfits. A guy that was suffering from Body Integrity Identity Disorder eventually amputated one of his legs because it felt like it didn't belong there....
Personally I think the only person that should be retracting the foreskin of a penis is the owner of that penis. If it separates around puberty, why would a parent feel the need to be touching their boy's penis at that age? If I remember correctly, I think I first fully retracted my foreskin at around 12yo. It was a bit tight and the skin had to stretch a little. My first thought was, "Wow, I didn't know it could do that." Then I worried that I wouldn't be able to extend...
I love Penn & Teller's BS. I love their humor, their presentation, their straightforward-ness, and especially their PASSION. Although they are known to occasionally be unfairly biased on that show, that episode basically summed up everything I believe in and feel *vehemently* about and they present it so well that I don't have to struggle with convincing people. I can simply say, "Watch this episode and learn, young grasshopper"
Wow! So many sad stories... I'm trying to read them all, I'm up to page 7, and I'm already pretty overwhelmed with emotions. I'm a soon-to-be father and won't circ any of my future sons. I am intact and I've thanked my parents for it. They told me they wanted to leave the decision up to me, and I've greatly repected them for that. This was back in 1977 when I'm sure the push for circs was in full-swing. I'm sorry to hear about all the pain and regret many mothers face....
I didn't know they made no-circ onesies! That's great! I love the creativity. Thanks guys.