or Connect

Posts by RiverandJulie

so....we started taking our son to the chiro at about a year old for sleeping issues.  We were really good about going twice a month.   He turned 2 this past December and and was sleeping well,  Going to sleep nicely, sleeping until 5, waking briefly and going back to sleep until 7:30.   Then....somehow with craziness of birthdays, christmas, travel etc....we fell of the chiro wagon and stopped going. Last night, after a couple of weeks of sleepless nights,...
I am a full time cloth diaperer.....Until DS gets a diaper rash.  The switch to disposables really helps clear it up.  He has only gotten one nasty, bloody, one.  It would not go away, until I switched to disposables.  I did lots of diaper free time and disposables with LOTS of diaper cream.  I kept switching creams.   the disposables really helped it quickly.   Now, when he gets a diaper rash that starts to look nasty, I switch to disposables.  Usually by the end of...
Yes!   MY MIL thinks the best toys are colorful plastic and play lots of annoying music over and over.  Especially ones with songs that get stuck in your head.  have not yet hit one with a hammer.....but it may be coming. The problem is.  My 18 mo loves them.....sigh. The 2 annoying "books"  keep him happy in the car  (but I can turn my music up in the car)    
I just want to throw out another thought.  Our son was high needs, woke up every 3-4 hours and fell apart often throughout the day. We discovered he had some food intolerances.  For us, cutting out gluten and lactose was key (I am not sure if lactose is even a problem, we cut them both out at the same time).  He also had toddler reflux, brought on by a stomach bug-he took a two week dose of prevacid for that. Turns out his stomach hurt....a lot of the time. he did...
Thank you so much for the detailed response!  I am feeling much better about the amount of protein he gets.  He eats a lot of oatmeal, veggies and brown rice and fruits and is a small toddler (21 lbs)   I am going to rethink lactose, as it was brought on by a stomach bug with a long bout of diarrhea.  Maybe we will try it again, and if it doesnt work out, we will eliminate dairy. Thanks again!
Hello, I have a 17 month old boy.  The back story is that he was born at 29 weeks by c-section.  We adopted him while he was still in the NICU and he always had some gastro issues (EFF).  I suspect he may have had undiagnosed silent reflux.   Once he started solids he became especially gassy, waking up a lot with pain and gas. We have gotten his sensitivities somewhat under control.   We eliminated gluten and it has made a HUGE difference. But, beans still seem...
Have you seen this one?  http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=16595&rec=PDHtop    
PPD can affect adoptive parents...and dads.  Any chance one of you needs to get this looked into?     I am not at all discounting the fact that you have a high needs challenging baby.  But-she could be contributing to PPD too!  You sound so overwhelmed, my heart goes out to your family.    
So it started last night...And of course-was not at all what I expected. We made the decision to give him a full strength bottle when he first woke up-usually around 10-11.  Then, when he woke up again, withhold bottle-do whatever we could to get him back to sleep.  No bottle until 5:00 AM.  Then we figured he could have a full strength.  We put lots of contingencies.  If he really cries for 15 minutes-he gets a bottle.  If we cant do it any longer-he gets a bottle....
I just wanted to send you some hugs and support!  i also really love our chiro.  I feel like i have seen our little guy go from being fussy to being a pretty happy sweet toddler.  I wish I had started when he was younger.  Cant hurt right? I posted on my facebook page and motherings "finding your tribe"  I found  had several friends who had taken their kids to chiros that they liked.   Where do you live, maybe one of us can help?