or Connect

Posts by RiverandJulie

We did cut lactose and it helped a lot, now he calms down with the bottle, as opposed to the lengthy screaming fits.     I need to post about last night.  He went down around 6:30 and slept until 10:00 (awesome!) I thought....yes-this is it, 3 hour stretches again.   Then he woke up at 11:30......1:00.....drank a bottle each time.  At 1:45 he woke up again.  I resisted!  It was hard, he cried, we rocked, we talked, he calmed down, he cried. I brought him water in...
Yes!  Same thing, generally a happy little boy in the AM and during the day. But at night, it is a different story!  I was thinking night terrors for a while, but now, he calms right down with a bottle. What is really helping us is DH and I split shifts.  I take the first half of the night in bed with DS and he sleeps in the basement, then we switch.  Then we both get a good 4-5 hours of solid sleep.  It sucks that we dont get to spend the night together =, but worth it...
My 14 month DS has been doing this......well, for as long as I can remember. I am about ready to schedule with a sleep clinic or a ped gastrointologist (sp?) It sucked when it was 2-3 times at night, but since mid-January, he has been waking every 1-2 hours.  I am going crazy!   I feel like there must be something really bothering him, so onto the next steps.  I will let you know if I get an answer.
I dont know how much help this will be, but I always travel with my cloth and it goes really well.   But, I also started using disposables for night a few weeks ago.  We started because of a severe diaper rash, then not long after that a bout of diarrhea. ANywyas, we decided to stick with the disposables at night because DS was ALWAYS soaking through his cloth at night. (I was using pockets with lots of stuffers) Anyways, what I have found is that a disposable seems...
102 with teeth?  I didnt realize it could get so high with teeth.  I have been wonderinga bout that, I think he is getting his 1 yr molars.   The last couple of days, the fever got over 103, and I try to let the lower fevers go, but that high, I am giving him meds to keep it down.  Still no other symptoms.     I guess I will just keep an eye on it.  Hmmm, Roseola, my neices got that, good to think about, so if I see a rash in a few days, I dont freak out.
Last night ds (14 months) spiked a fever of about 101-102.  He had it most of the night, even after being given tylenol.   I finally gave him Ibuprofen about 4 hrs after the Tylenol.  He has no other symtoms.  He woke up this morning and his fever has broken and now he is in a good mood, but I think he is still under the affects of the ibuprofen. He was up a lot last night, really fussy and clingy.  But, no loss of appetite, no vomiting, no other symptoms.. Any...
Sounds like mine a few months ago!  Yep, bathing with him was easier, was easiest if DH was there to help get him in and get him out.  But mostly, I took him in the shower with me.   The easiest way was:  I get in the shower and do everything I need to get done.  The, DH hands me DS and he plays and gets washed.  He loves showers, maybe more than baths, and it is not as scary.  Plus we have a stand-up only shower (no tub), so he can sit on the floor sometimes (although...
I have a 13 month old who doesnt sleep either....so youre not the only one!   I have found that "little Tummies" helps the gas.  I used it when he was younger, and it caused more problems, but just started using it again, and have found that he gets a lot of relief from gas.   But, I would also suggest looking into food intolerances.  Maybe try an elimination diet.  Help the problem, not the symptoms.  But, while you are working it out, the drops help.
Actually, the longer story is that he got a stomach bug a few weeks ago, and that is when the nighttime got really bad.  Diarrhea for about 10 days, so we kept assuming this was the cause.  But, it never got better, so about a week ago, we took him to the Dr since the middle of the night wakings were accompanied by unconsolable crying, sometimes for hours. Ped said that stomach bugs can cause secondary reflux and lactose intolerance, so he is on prevacid (day 9 of...
A couple of things that helped my ds eat.  Granted, he was younger (about 12 months when he really started to eat).   I would sit on the floor and eat with him.  He seemed to like this better, I never really forced him in a high chair.   The thing that really helped him though, was spending a weekend with my sister and her 18 month old and 3 year old that he loves.  The first weekend we spent with them, he was at a point where he would eat a few bites a day of...