or Connect

Posts by RiverandJulie

hush little baby dont say a word Mamas gonna save all the mockingbirds Once those mockingbirds can sing Mamas gonna stop all the diamond mining Once those diamond mines shut down Mamas gonna help all the kiddos who frown Once all the kids are safe from harm Mamas gonna work on an organic farm When all the farmers are happy Mamas gonna work at the Humane Society WHen all the dogs and cats are safe mamas gonna help all the horses that race Once we shut down those race...
Mine does it too. Glad to hear he is not the only one.
I have this bassinet http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3532423 and I have been happy with it. The top has a cover type thing, and the baby is down inside. Plus, the bassinet comes out, so you can carry it around. Then there is a top that is a changing table (although, I always just changed him in the bassinet part) ANd the bottom is good diaper/clothing storage. You can also lift up the hood and cover it with a blanket to keep the light out. ANother...
Yep, just this morning, ds got out of his bumbo. He can sit up, but likes being in it in the kitchen while i get stuff ready in the am. SO, luckily he was on the floor, but I looked away for a minute and he climbed/fell out. I had briefly thought about putting him on the counter to help me, but I am very glad I decided not to. ALso, mine was a freebie, probably wouldnt spend alot on one. CHeck craigslist, I always see them on sale there.
OK-so the past month or so my 9mo has developed stranger anxiety. He really wants to be with mom or dad only (especially with me when I am around). HE is even crying when his previously beloved aunts and grandmas hold him. SO...my younger sister is getting married tomorrow. I am a bridesmaid and DH is a groomsman. She is one of those people who has been planning her wedding since she was a little girl and having a baby in the reception line (is that what it is...
One odd piece of advice I heard was to paint the bottom blue......
I definitely agree with water. I have found our LO gets constipated if he doesnt get enough water.
Of course, the decision is totally up to you, but I found that at this stage, my LO started to get overstimulated and a conference would have put him over the top. That long with lots of people around and no quiet time and you could have a cranky non-sleeper on your hands. This could really make the conference hard on both of you. So, if you have people you trust to keep the baby, I think that would be best. It will be hard, but when I left mine for a couple of days I...
Thanks everyone, I tried the hip scoot, and still needed my husbands help, but feel like it could work soon. I wore him on my front for about an hour yesterday and came home with aching shoulder blades, I wonder if my body frame is just too small for it. I also got a hand made mei tai from a friend a few days ago, I have been wearing that and seem to like it better, but I havent worn him in it for long periods. I keep thinking that since it lacks padding it wont...
There is a great book called genome, in which the author discuses dirt. I dont have it in front of me right now, but will post later with it. Apparently there are microorganisms in dirt that boost our babies immune systems and there are correlations betwen eating dirt and allergies. As in, eat more dirt, get less allergies. Of course, I would not let my baby eat dirt or grass with pesticides or herbicides.