or Connect

Posts by txmama

Can you spend time with her without the girls? Leave the kids home with their dads or a caregiver and you two take some time off to get a coffee or go shopping? I agree w/ PP about blaming the age differences.
My ds has CP but he is only 14 months so I don't have any real suggestions for therapy. (My son is getting everything that you already are) But I do want to recommend a book called "My Perfect Son Has Cerebral Palsy" by Marie A. Kennedy. I just read it and it is a personal story of one family dealing with their own son's diagnosis. In addition to the story she give some ideas of things that they did to help their son with various therapies ie. ways to adapt furniture,...
Sorry I can't help any but I wanted to share that my 13 month old preemie is only 16 lbs. He's not on the growth chart either but is following his own curve. He's probably just a small kid. I am no expert but I have learned in the last year that charts, milestones and such are just guidelines. Kids will do their own thing. If the docs aren't worried you shouldn't be either.
We've heard of that happening as well. It's definately not a miracle cure but it can really help. From everyone we've talked to and things we've read it is best if you start them out young. Kids with milder cases of things seem to have the best results too. As far as the cost goes...we're right there with you! It's a shame that insurance doesn't help more with it. Our thoughts are that even though we can't really afford it we would rather do it and pay later and not wonder...
Hey everybody! My ds has CP and we just started him on a treatment called Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). It is a not very well know therapy because it is kinda controversial whether it works or not. It is approved for use on wound care and a few other things. It has shown to be helpful on kids with brain injuries and neurological disorders (including Autism). I just wanted to throw the name out there as a option for people to look into for themselves. Here's a website...
Thanks so much for the links saganaga! I will definately check them out. They look really interesting. MsMoMpls: I really have no idea where we might live. Probably in the suburbs somewhere or Rochester area. My dh needs to find a job there first and we're not even sure we want to make the move. Basically we are coming to a crossroads and need to decide what we want to do. We have no family here and it is proving to be very difficult especially with a SN kid. We'd like...
We're looking into trying this for our ds with CP. I am looking for people that have first hand experience with it that could share some info. Has anyone tried it with their children?Thanks so much!!!
Hi! My ds has a g-tube. He is 12 months and it was put in a year ago tomorrow actually! He has no oral skills so for us it was really the best option. It has been great. It was really scary at first but we quickly learned to use it. I am a very medically squeemish person so I had a harder time than my dh. We haven't had any complications with it. It needs to be cleaned as the other poster said everyday..sometimes a couple times but it really is no big deal. Drew sometimes...
Thanks for trying so hard to help! That's really nice of you. I might try calling her. That's a good idea. )
: That is so out of my league! I think my dh would kill me.