or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

Nukuspot - I know what you mean. I gave away a bunch of maternity clothes last week and became really sad (what? Who loves maternity clothes, really??). I know we are absolutely done but I also declined have a tubal during my csection- just could not make that decision for some reason. DH was like- but they are already in there! Nope... So today I nursed my boy at a farm! We went on a hayride to feed cows and to a pumpkin patch - I stopped at a picnic bench under a huge...
Not so "D"H rant - I do ask for his help at night and dont know why I bother. I am still having so many breast feeding issues - most that are contributing to the fact that DS is up the whole night. I get that and am trying to figure out how to control over active letdown among other things. I haven't tied elimination diets yetbecause I am pretty sure our issues are mechanical buti admit to getting so discouraged right now. It's hard that we are having such a bad time- so...
Motomom- Awesome photo of you and Hank! I love it! And it reminds me that I need to get out there and do more! Our family is into Crossfit and we did all go to a regional crossfit competition last weekend- pretty sure I was the only one nursing a baby! But of course, I was not competing...ah, maybe someday I'd like to type more but I am on my phone and nursing in a sucky chair because we have house guests that I prefer not to nurse in front of. I really dislike guests...
Teegan - I think today is the first day in a while that isn't like you describe- it is exhausting! Motomom- yay for your night! James slept for 3 hours for the first time ever last night and what a difference that makes in my life!! He slept from 9:30 to 12:30! The rest of the night wasn't so great but still thrilled!!
It seems overly simple but it's true that if you shop the perimeter of the grocery store, it's the healthiest. I find this even applies at "natural" type stores like Whole Foods. On the perimeter you find the least processed foods. As a general rule, we try to avoid processed and pre-made foods. But lately I'd be lying if I said we've been sticking with that! We have a great local grocery that will not carry anything with artificial color, artificial sweetener, high...
Alli and others- how do you block feed and maintain supply? Do you pump the other side? I think DS's awful gas issues could be a foremost imbalance. He only eats for maybe 10 minutes and only one side at a time. We still also have latch issues do that can be part of the problem. And I also think I'm dealing with a forceful letdown. Alli- how long do you pimp before nursing and you ate doing that every time? I really need one night without a freaking out baby and I am...
Mole- my DS's poops sound just like S's and it seems normal to me. I think is S only wants to eat every 2 to 3 hours, it must be the right amt for him, otherwise he'd want to eat more frequently, right? To ease your mind, do you have access to a lactation consultant? I go to a breast feeding support group and the nurses weigh DS before feeding then immediately after to see the amt eaten. It's surprising how much he gets when it really doesn't feel like it. And you may just...
Ok, sorry...that was really whiny! I just never got more than 30 minutes of sleep in a row last night and do I feel like I will never get out if this phase. I know that logically this is not true but right now I am in a low place. I so didn't want a repeat of DS1's early days and everyone convinced me I would get an easy baby this time...I set myself up for disappointment for sure. I LOVE my baby James, sleep or not
I have one from the hospital. My OB told me to request one after my csection so it was covered by insurance. It feels great for when I go on walks or am super active but I really find it uncomfortable to wear for long. I just like it to stop the jiggly sensation! I also refused to wear maternity pants that went over my belly though so I think I just hate to have anything snug on my torso.
Oh all this dream baby talk is making me so sad. I want to be happy for everyone...I really do. I don't have a dream going on here and this is my second Challenging Baby. DS1 still doesn't sleep through the night, never took to breast feeding, is incredibly serious and intense. I so hoped for a chill baby #2 but here I am, up all night, struggling with many breast feeding challenges, and he also HATES to be in the car, won't let DH hold him for more than 5 minutes without...