or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

Hi - I hope you don't mind my posting here as I am not a regular participant of this board. I saw your post on the main page and felt compelled to read it. I think you are being so very hard on yourself. I don't know if you do have ppd or not, but 5 weeks after giving birth, your hormones are still out of sorts, I believe. I know that I was a COMPLETE wreck at that stage. Lack of sleep plus guilt about breastfeeding issues made me a mess too. Please remember that...
I, too, can relate to the feelings of guilt. My DS was only breastfed for 6 months and of that, at least 3 were from pumped milk only. We had such a terrible time with it. You have done the best that you can! So how often are you giving a bottle at night? Do you have to give a bottle at each of the wake-ups to get your babe back to sleep?
I didn't read all of the replies so I apologize about that, but I do know from my own daycare experience that it can take a while before your child adjusts. My son took several weeks to be "himself" just when he changed rooms and care givers. So maybe it will just take some time. When my son first started daycare, I did half days for a few weeks. But since he has been there, I can't do that when he transitions to a new room. I also think that it is nice that the...
I just wanted to update about my sleep study consult. The doctor, who is a neurologist, was wonderful and she put in a referral for an official sleep study. We will go and sleep at the center and they will monitor things like CO2 output and brain activity through skin sensors. This will help determine if DS is not getting through sleep cycles properly or if he has apnea (which I really doubt). I do think that he never gets into deep sleep so we will now know for sure....
That is such a cute story and a great idea! I love challenging my son - he thinks it is so much fun. At his age, we just do it to see how fast he can get the laundry from the washer to the dryer or how quickly he can put the blocks away. He is "racing" me of course, and it is all laughs! I wish I had a way to make that work at night too!
I agree with LadyCatherine - sleep experts often give advice that is not in line with your parenting choices. I experienced this first hand! I am somewhat convinced that my son may have a sleep disorder and I see no reason why I shouldn't rule this out through a sleep study. While the last neurologist (neurotic one, I may add) was a total jerk and just blabbed on and on about CIO, my ped arranged an appt. with a different neurologist who isn't like that. In fact, we...
So many of my friends, who I feel are very much like me in many ways, have chosen CIO. I just don't think it is a good idea to comment on other people's parenting choices. I don't know - it sounds like you two have already talked about it and she still made this decision. Ugh - but even as I read your post, thinking about that baby crying caused a reaction in me. I think I would have had to get off the phone. I do still think you should respect her decision....
Oh, I also remember feeling what you describe when I had to return to work. It is really really hard. I never thought I'd be able to stay home though - just wasn't possible financially. My son is 18 months old and does wonderfully in daycare. He has been there since 16 weeks and I do work full time. I feel like I have a very close relationship with his caregivers. They are wonderful. I will admit that I don't do as well as he does - it still pains me to be away...
I am afraid that I DO know what you mean, because I do the same thing, but I don't know why either. I do this in other aspects of my life too. Sometimes I do this at my job (let things slide that I know I should do and can do), I do this with my house, and I do this with eating healthy on occasion. I often wonder why I am self-defeating. I will look forward to hearing ideas from others!
I am all for quick when I get home from work. I want to spend time with DS after being apart all day - definitely don't want to be in the kitchen. We have a freezer stash of food that we make on weekends and it works out perfectly. Currently, we have baked ziti, veggie gumbo (we just add rice), and meatloaf. We also keep pre-made pizza dough in the freezer and just add cheese fresh veggies that we have in the fridge. It's all homemade and all very fast! I also wanted...