or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

I was just sitting here at my desk feeling sorry for myself. Nearly every day, I wish I was home with my son. Not because I love being home or because I don't love my job, but just because it feels like the right thing to do for him, mainly because of his personality. But I can't. There is no way. It has been 14 months now that he has been in daycare and I still feel the urge to cry from time to time after I drop him off. Today is one of those days. I am sorry that...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaydieBugs I'm a big self-medicator and insomniac and wouldn't use melatonin without checking with a doc (preferably naturopath). As someone mentioned, depression is a common side effect. The 1-3mg dosing is pretty high for a little one too. Me too (self medicator and insomniac!) but I agree - I thought 1-3mg was high too. My ped. made this recommendation, but I chose not to try it because my gut said no. OP...
I have discussed melatonin use with my pediatrician and have done some research myself, although I haven't tried it with DS. I did go back a re-read an email from my pediatrician who suggested that I can give my son (who is 27 pounds and 18 months old) 1 mg for 3 nights and could gradually increase to up to 3 mg. She said that she has seen positive effects from its use. I don't know if your circumstance warrants its use though - I hear you on being sleep deprived! ...
I was faced with the exact same thing! My son is 18 months and from about 11 months on, they were feeding junk. I did several things and it has resulted in MAJOR changes - and I also LOVE my son's daycare. I hope these ideas help you too... First, I made an appointment to meet with the director and explained my concerns. Rather than being accusatory, I asked if I could please bring my son's food (even though it is against the policy once they are eating solids...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia The way this urge to research and experiment backfires sometimes is that there's no way to do a "controlled experiment" with DD's sleep. You sound like me! I am a scientist so I am always saying that my sleeping experimental design is flawed - too many variables! I am really just posting this so you can laugh at me - for the first month or so of my son's life (when I was on leave) - I tried to keep track of...
This sounds really really challenging! I don't have any practical sleeping advice, but in your last post, you mentioned needing to document this sleeping stuff somewhere. I actually do this and think it is a great thing! I work on a computer so I have a word document that is soooo long now. I just add to it when I can. I definitely just note trends - this is not a sleep log by any means. But it keeps me sane - I actually go back and read about times when things have...
Wow! These are all great suggestions. I have a similarly adventurous 18 month old and have questioned what to do. I usually try to redirect and talk about what he is feeling when he gets frustrated but there are some really great ideas in this post!
I can't even tell you how many times I think about my work performance and that if only I had the energy, I could do so much better. I waiver between accepting that this is how it is now and beating myself up. Unfortunately for me, I work full time (I don't want to, but have to...) and I also spend a lot of time thinking about how I wish I could be with DS. So no advice from me really, but I hear you! I feel similar things and I am a recovering perfectionist. It's...
Yep, we regressed too. I only got 2 good days and so of course, I was so disappointed last night. I don't know why I set myself up like that but I somehow convinced myself that we had made it - we were finally sleeping through. Oh well. Last night my son was UP UP UP from 2:00 until 4:00. Ugh. Not even a bottle helped. I don't want to give middle of the night bottles any more and after I tried it and it didn't help, I was really mad
Quote: Originally Posted by PicklinQueen I'm getting alot of pressure from my parents to move him to a crib, as well as CIO. they are convinced that we wake the baby up at night, which is why he won't sleep through the night. My son has never co-slept and sleeps in his own crib and until recently, woke sometimes hourly. So being in a crib is certainly not a guarantee for sleep!! He is in his own room too and hasn't been breastfed since 6...