or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

Yes! Thank you for all of the thoughts. Last night I remembered what many of you posted and stayed completely calm. DH does help a lot at night. Sometimes when it is especially bad, I think we both reach the breaking point but it is good to switch off. We take turns. DS seems to cry even when DH is holding him but he doesn't really do that to me. I hear the crying so even when it is DH's turn, I am not really sleeping. I told DH about some of the things that you...
Quote: Originally Posted by rzberrymom That's the age my DD's molars and incisors were coming in, the molars took months to come all the way in, and they were all agonizing for her. I didn't realize how much pain they were causing until after they came in all the way and she finally finally slept! Could he be going through something like that? Thank you so much for posting this! I think the molars are nearly all through but just doubted that...
DS has been a frequent waker/difficult to get to sleep baby from the start. It seems that lately, I have been getting extraordinarily angry in the middle of the night. I mutter mean things, I am not comforting and then I hate myself in the morning. Of course I can't expect DS to fall back to sleep when I am just sitting there rigidly while fuming mad! I sit in the rocking chair just furious that he won't fall back to sleep. I get even more furious when I think he is...
Can I ask why you stopped swaddling? I think swaddling might help. Just as an aside, I stopped swaddling at around 2 months and really came to regret it! I think DS truly needed to be swaddled to be calm and I interpreted his movement to mean that he didn't like being swaddled - fairly sure I was wrong there!
Quote: Originally Posted by jnet24 Of course I just looked up the preschooler part and it actually advocates for installing a lock on your child's door to teach them not to come out of their rooms. It even says to take your child with you when you buy it and install it in front of them. Ugh. This saddens me so much. I truly HATE this trend of "managing" our children. Awful.
I am so sorry that you are faced with this situation. As PP suggested, perhaps a mainstream article will help. Here's one that I recently found because I started to think that my DH would consider spanking. I had to let him know that there is NO way that will happen. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/09/16...ing/index.html
Like pp, I was thinking allergies too. You mentioned her eyes - we are trying to figure out what keeps DS from sleeping well and one practitioner suggested that dark circles in children can be a sign of a food intolerance or allergy. Of course, I live with dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, but just thought I'd mention it.
I had the same thought - could it just be the air mattress? I can't sleep on one of those at all. The way it moves when I move is bothersome to me. Maybe DD wakes when she moves around?
It is exhausting to try to figure out what works and what doesn't, isn't it? I can't tell you how many times after a "good" night that I have tried to copy the exact meals, naps times, activities...only to have the worst night ever. DH and I can analyze it to death. Letting go and accepting that you have a terrible sleeper is definitely helpful. That doesn't stop you from trying to find ways to make things better, but I find that if I crawl into bed and am prepared...
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyCatherine185 i thought about a sleep study/clinic but everyone on this board said that they will just tell me to do strict scheduling and forms of CIO. I am not willing to do CIO or any variation of it. Yes, this seems to be true! I had a HATEFUL experience trying to get a study done. But my pediatrician just put a new referral in for me - just flat out ordered a study. We haven't gone yet, but I plan on...