or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

Oh, I feel for you. I can't imagine hourly wakings. I too would wonder if something else was going on. Have you considered a sleep study? Perhaps it would shed some light on the cause of the wakings. I also have issues with not being able to fall asleep which is the most awful feeling when you need every second of sleep. I do something that I think is bad, but I do it out of desperation. Sometimes I take about a half of a children's dose of benadryl. It doesn't...
Your DD certainly has had some big changes recently (new baby, new room) so I am not downplaying the possibility of issues associated with the changes, but is it possible that she is teething? Particularly molars? At right about the same age, DS REALLY started having terrible nights. I think there are other things going on for us too, but the molars have been coming in and that seems to have a major impact on his sleep. He definitely screams and screams and...
In my endless search for info about my son's sleep, I came upon this website that I personally think is a bit messy and hard to follow but has a ton of info and a ton of literature references. I found it interesting anyway. Here's a link to a page that may be of interest to you: http://www.parentingscience.com/baby...-patterns.html
Hi! I am so excited to have found this site. I came upon it because of our major sleep issues. I feel like we are finally piecing this all together and it is such a relief since doctors have been little help at all. So I gather that dark circles may have something to do with allergies/intolerance? I guess I assumed my son's dark circle and slight puffiness were the result of poor sleep. But maybe not? My question is - Is there a particular allergy/intolerance...
Hi! We are new to the food allergy thing so I apologize if this probiotic is not allergen-free. We have been using Nature's Way Primadophilus Children for ages 0-5 and really like it in case you find the need to try something else.
I completely understand that you are nervous and this is stressing you out! I agree with PPs - I bet your little one will be just fine. I think it's hardest on mom. You may not feel ready for this at all, but I would recommend not rushing so much! You may be cutting it really close with a red eye but I totally get wanting to get home as fast as possible. The first time I had to go away for a night for work, I did the same thing. Once I got there and knew my son...
Yep, my dog was on Advantix (similar I believe) while I was pregnant and we had no problems at all. I used rubber gloves to apply it and avoiding touching it while it was kind of greasy for a few days. They do have an oral anti-flea med that works very quickly - I think it is Capstar? You may look into something like that too. I am now using Comfortis, another oral anti-flea med which doesn't work as fast but it is a preventative. I use this now because DS touches...
I do prefer the topicals too, but we started on Comfortis several months ago because DS pets our dog and climbs on her and I didn't want him coming in contact with the pesticide of a topical. Our dog has been doing quite well on the Comfortis. I just wish it offered tick protection too.
I am sorry - I don't have any helpful advice. I know that can be annoying when you are coming here for help but sometimes I appreciate hearing that I am not the only one. I just wanted to tell you that I practically could have written almost exactly what you wrote. We are looking for solutions too!
Is anyone else sick of people saying "you'll be trying to wake him up when he is a teenager" - ugh! Yes, this is just hilarious to someone who hasn't slept for more than 2 or 3 hours in a row for 16 months. I would love to wait 12 more years for sleep! I can't believe how many times I have heard this.