or Connect

Posts by Jend1002

Ascher- I did not and I doubt it would be an option this time either. I had a c-section in a very unprogressive hospital and I am 90% sure that's the route I'll be going again. I do think I am far more aware of some of my depression triggers though and will also start seeing a therapist soon after birth - she was amazing for me. I hear great things about placenta encapsulation though- are you considering it any way?
Sounds like you are in great hands. I'll definitely be thinking about you and baby!
Good morning! I am on my phone so struggling to respond to earlier posts but I will be catching up on reading this morning. I am sitting in the lab- 1 blood draw and awful dextrose down, 3 draws to go. The 3 hour GTT test is awful. In my mind it was only 3 blood draws but nope, forgot about the preliminary draw....sigh. Now I wonder why I picked this over the daily finger sticks... Otherwise, I feel pretty good. I am struggling with being comfortable at night do I am...
help007 - That's kind of in line with what I was thinking to myself.  I had a c-section with my first, did not bind, and slowly regained my core strength.  I would think that binding would just make the process to develop core strength a bit longer.  I asked my dr. for her opinion on hip binding, actually.  She said she has seen no studies that indicate that hip binding actually works - but then she also told me she'd prescribe me a belly binder at the hospital if I'd...
I posted in last week's chat so thought I'd just go ahead and start the new one too!  I actually caught myself typing 9/16 - not that I am actually ready for it to be Sept!  In fact, the thread about lists of things to do before baby is making me very nervous.  I am afraid my list is too long to post since I have done LITERALLY nothing.  Work is crazy busy right now, we have to move on Sept. 1, and I still have to rent out our condo.  When that stuff is tackled, I can...
crystal_buffaloe - I failed with 175!  And this was fasting from the night before.  I haven't taken the 3 hour yet.  I was supposed to on Friday but absolutely had to be at work for a full day that day. My dr. said she'd like to see it done by end of last week/early this week.  Looks like I can't get 3 hours in the morning until maybe Thurs.  I really don't think I have it - but I don't want to risk not testing either as it can be serious.   I will make the dreaded effort...
I had major palpitations and irregular heartbeat early on in this pregnancy.  I did have to go to a cardiologist and wear a heart monitor for several weeks.  It seems to have resolved itself but it was likely due to the blood volume change as well.  I haven't had that start up again at all but I have experienced shortness of breath lately.  I was assuming it was related to less space for my lungs but also just found out I am slightly anemic.    I hope the Floradix...
Sorry Worldshakerz!  I guess you never know what would have happened if you had tried the meal instead.  What a bummer.  I drank that awful orange stuff and had a 175!  No denying my test results I guess.  My DH is also very sensitive to carbs - I think he was gagging as I drank my lovely glucose.  I hope you have better results with your next test, which ever way you end up going!  Sounds like you are low enough to expect to do fine! 
These photos (and mommas!) are so beautiful!  I really need to get a few nice shots.  I know I will regret it if I don't.  I am posting this one because I am just very proud of myself for sticking with CrossFit through this pregnancy.  Here I am, belly and all, doing back squats today, just over 29 weeks. Not a beautiful photo, but I feel great!  
AnyaRose - I am keeping you in my thoughts - even though it's likely a false alarm, it's terrible to have to wait and worry.  I hope you get answers quickly!    Flower of Bliss - I also just planned DS's birthday - it's at a small children's museum.  His birthday is right after this baby will be born.  I needed to feel like that was booked and ready to go.  I am having everything done by the museum so we can just show up!    Nesting - I still don't get to do...