or Connect

Posts by lisahas2cats

I have a friend who takes her kids to Dr. Tom...she seems very happy with his friendliness on delayed vaxing. She posts on here some, so maybe she'll see this and weigh in
The official verbage of the federal Home Affordable Modification program (the other part of the program is the Home Affordable Refinance) is that homeowners who are no longer able to keep up with their mortgage due to new hardships (ie, medical bills, lay-offs, etc), and are in *danger* of falling behind in their payments, can qualify. What we're finding, though, is that our lender (like most, I'm sure) is pretty clueless on the program, because the guidance is still...
My husband suggested "Play them some polka music". Helpful man.
I don't want to be alarmist, but DD started having blood in her poo a few months ago. We took her to her ped, who initially thought it might be a hemorrhoid or anal fissure (as he says, when you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras). It wasn't, so he did a stool sample looking for infection...nothing there. He referred us to a pediatric GI, and after various testing including a colonocsopy, it turns out that in DD's case the bleeding was a "zebra"...she was diagnosed...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaley One of the Mr. Noodles is a famous actor--so famous I can't remember his name, lol--who died a few years ago, I believe from AIDS. Not that this has much to do with the discussion, just FYI. He was in "The Green Mile", but I can't remember his name either. He was the one who trained the mouse. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't die of AIDS.....he did have it, but died of something else, I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaunam So it's about everything. What I should or shouldn't be doing with DS. Apparently he needs a leash and a spanking. Sewing. Knitting. I've told her before that I have worked at a wal-mart before, yet she continues to talk to me like I couldn't *possibly* know what they deal with on a daily basis. I was supposed to pick DH up for lunch one day. I had been waiting in the car for 30 minutes and he didn't come out,...
Quote: Originally Posted by hmsmomma4 i really feel like how can i take care of my kids, my family, and my "moms" (i am a doula) when i can't even take care of myself??? Turn it around: How can you be *expected* to take care of your kids, your family, and your "moms" if you don't take care of yourself?
Michelle, please do not be afraid to see a therapist for these feelings. I'm not a therapist myself, but having gone through severe post partum depression twice, it really sounds like you may be living with it yourself (even with your babe being nearly a year old). In fact, I would strongly *urge* you to see a therapist (not because I'm judging you, but because I think I've been in your shoes). Having someone to whom you can spill those feelings can genuinely take the...
I couldn't read beyond the first page without crying. Thank you mamas for being so honest and open about this. I was a rageful mama with DS. I won't bore everyone with details, but up until he was about 11 I would have fits of screaming rage....often at him, I'm deeply ashamed to say . I want to minimize it even now by saying "At least I never told him I hated him" or "At least I never told him he was stupid" or "I apologized sincerely and often" or "He's turned out...
Addiesmom, my 12 month old DD just now weighs 14 pounds, 11 ounces, and is finally 28 inches tall. Her ped became concerned at her 9 month checkup when she still weighed 13 pounds (same as her 6 month checkup) and wanted me to start weaning her. After some discussion (mostly me saying "No, thanks, we'll go for the calorie powerhouse of breastmilk, tyvm"), I made an appointment with the lactation consultant (who, already being familiar with us, said she felt there's no...