or Connect

Posts by stephbrownthinks

I just wanted to say that a friend of mine's daughter went through his exact same thing around age 3-4 except the behavior was towards her biological father. Previously she had been a total daddy's girl! I think it lasted about a year or so. I think some kids just do this:) Lately my 2.5 year old has been preferring his dad over me and if I try to help him with something he will occasionally SCREAM "NO, I want daddy to do it!" I just remind him that he needs to speak to...
I have 2 in mine hahaha! DS1 is 2.5 years and DS2 is almost 11 months. With DS1 I sort of forgot it, then we were talking about moving so I didn't want to plant it in the "old" yard. We did end up buying a different house and moved the placenta with us. DS2 was a december baby and it got stuck in the freezer and now we're talking about completely overhauling our landscaping so I'm waiting to plant them.   That said, I'm not really a sentimental person and I wouldn't...
Sorry you haven't gotten any replies yet! Have you tried a search? I don't know very much about it, just that the recommended dose is 1000mg/day.
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say I bet he is peeing in the bath. Especially if he is in pain because it will be less painful in the water. How swollen is he? DS1 has got red and a little swollen before and it turned out he had scratched himself. We did the epsom salt baths and when he'd get out we were supposed to pour some dilluted apple cider vinegar his penis. Red and swollen is not a reason to circumcise. As far as I know, the only reasons are...
Glad its getting better! DS2 (who is now 10 months) was also a non sleeper. DS1 was 18 months old when he was born and my husband was working out of town 5 days a week so I was handling it alone. I know you said your husband can't do the nighttime parenting because he's working and renovating, but maybe just for ONE night he could take the baby while you get a 4 or 5 hour stretch of sleep? Will he take a bottle at all? You'd be amazed what a little sleep will do for your...
With DS 1 I had been having a few light contractions, water broke, and labor stalled and started a few more times until he was born about 24 hours later. DS2 my water never broke and he was born in the caul.
  OP, I am having the same issues with my 10 month old and food allergies except he is VERY interested in food and wants to eat everything. Its very frustrating. We're eliminating and holding off on most things but my 2 year old is constantly trying to slip him food. He was EBF till 8 months and since we started solids (then cut them off and tried to reintroduce later) it's been impossible to get him to baseline. ANYWAYS, I just wanted to caution you that as far as food...
Congratulations!!!
Oh congratulations! I didn't see your update before I posted! I'm glad you got the birth you wanted:)
I wouldn't.   I've had 2 successful homebirths, and the midwife arrived about 30 min before the first birth and 10 min before the second. I don't feel like I need the support of anyone and do like to labor alone, but I also like the reassurance that someone experienced is there just in case. DS2's delivery was so fast it took him awhile to pink up and I was thankful that she was there to tell me it was normal and had the oxygen. I am completely confident in my body's...