or Connect

Posts by stephbrownthinks

Googling pictures of chicken pox and shingles will help give you an idea of how they're different. For what it's worth, I had chicken pox as a kid and it was no big deal. I just remember my mom threatening to make me wear over mits if I didn't stop scratching. My dad (who was in his late 30's and never had it as a child) caught it and had a horrible time. He wasn't hospitalized, but his case was brutal compared to me and my sister's. Right now I actually have shingles....
With my first I switched to a midwife at 31 weeks (something like that) and asked for a reduced rate. She gave us a little off (we also offered to pay all cash upfront so that helped I'm sure), but honestly most of the visits happen towards the end of pregnancy when you start going every 2 weeks, then obviously most of the "work" the midwife does is for the labor, the birth, and the follow up visits. At this point you've really only missed 3 visits at most, and probably...
My son just started a Montessori Preschool a month ago as well! Every day they fill out a sheet for each child, and send it home at the end of the week. It says when they went to the bathroom (and if it was pee or a BM), if they ate snacks, when and how long they napped or rested, if they ate none, some, most, or all of their lunches, then there is a space to write what works they used each day. Its very basic, I'm sure it only takes a minute for them to fill out, and I...
For those of you with negative experiences: were you taking the tincture or capsules, and what dose?
Update: Well, we are now on day 13 of completely refusing the breast. We had an appointment with his naturopath pediatrician who gave us some more things to try for the hives. At this point they are only bothering him in the night and we dno't really feel like they are the cause of his strike, just a coincidence. We also had an appointment with a wonderful IBCLC and unfortunately she didn't really help either. I had literally tried every one of her suggestions. She...
Thank you:) I've read all sorts of things about increasing supply on Kellymom but can't seem to find much about complete nursing strikes for this long :(
Sorry if this sounds scattered, I'm running on no sleep:) I'm really hoping someone has some advice or a solution for me. I'll try to include all the info I think might be relevant.   My DS2 is 8.5 months old. He has absolutely refused to nurse since last Friday AM, so for the past 7 days. I'll offer and he'll just turn away or push off of me and will get fussy if I persist. If I offer a bottle of expressed milk he will down it as if he's starving. He was on an...
Paint, moldings, window treatments, plants, rugs, and art on the wall are all fairly inexpensive things that make a high impact and will make your house seem less empty.
My son is 6 months right now, and has not yet started solids. Usually I pump about every three hours. I work 2 long shifts (7am-5:30 pm and on those days I pump while driving to work even if he has nursed recently(I started doing this with my first son and it gave me an extra 4 ounces a day). Then I pump around 10am, lunch time, 3pm-ish, and sometimes on my drive home as well. I also work 2 shorter shifts (7am-1pm, and those days I pump on my way to work, and at least...
I was wondering if any of you had tips for organizing business paperwork? My husband is in the final stages of getting his contractors license and will be running his own business. He started a corporation if that makes any difference. I'm just looking for tips that will make it easier come tax time, as well as any filing tips you've found helpful especially pertaining to self employment.