or Connect

Posts by stephbrownthinks

Have you tried setting your alarm and waking up before your 3yo? I know you're exhausted, but if you got up at say, 6:30, you'd have time to take a quick shower and get dressed, make coffee, and get her breakfast together. If that seems like too much I'd at least try for enough time to get her breakfast and your coffee ready BEFORE she gets up.
I work 10.5 hour shifts and pump for DS2 while I'm at work. There isn't an ideal place for me to pump either, so I end up in the bathroom, or I have a car adapter and will sit in the car. Would that be possible for you? I just use the little cooler bag that came with my Medela pump in style. It has one of those plastic blue things you put in the freezer. Its very small and can fit in the pump bag. It will hold 4 bottles of milk, so if I fill them all the way to the top...
My midwife did order the ultrasound. I would think that would be fine in your situation, because she wouldn't be the "healthcare provider," the ultrasound place would be so as long as they were a preferred provider your insurance company wouldn't care? Just a guess.
  Yes to this post! Last pregnancy I started off with an OBGYN/CNM practice and the place they referred out the 20 week ultrasound to an imaging center that was a preferred provider for my insurance. I had a high ded. and it cost me $1000 AFTER my insurance adjusted the amount they were allowed to bill. This pregnancy my Midwife sent me to a different place, also a preferred provider, and they billed like $500. It was the same insurance plan for both.
I had a waterbirth and we purchased the special $30 liner that was supposed to fit the tub. We did a test run filling up the tub and I hated the liner, it had a seam that ran right down the middle. My husband ended up making one out of a roll of 6mil polythelene plastic we had (we also used it to wrap the mattress with) and it worked great. I'm sure a 4 or 5mil thickness would have been fine too. As long as you smooth it out while you're filling the tub it will fit like...
This is how it is in our household too. We both fork full time (although DH does make more) but I decide how the money is allocated. Most of the time I'm happy with this arrangement... however sometimes I do wish it wasn't my responsibility. We've tried him handling the finances before but it just doesn't work as well (AT ALL). Even though I don't necessarily enjoy managing the budget and bank accounts, I also have a hard time giving up control. Every now and then when I...
OP, I completely see your point of view!   However, I kind of grew up in the same situation on the other side so let me share my story.   My grandpa (dad's dad) died when I was 10, my sister was 8, and my mom was pregnant with my littlest sister. My grandma remarried very soon after. My grandma and her new husband wanted us kids to call him "poppa" which felt weird for basically most of the reasons you listed. We didn't know him, it was a weird nickname, we had...
I take a LOT of pictures. A few thousand a year easily. Right now they are stored on my laptop. I've had a few scares where I thought my laptop crashed and I would just be devastated if I lost all of the photos. Besides the 5 years worth of pictures on my laptop, I also have an older desktop that I am hanging on to just because of the 2 years worth of pictures on it.   Last year I bought an external hard drive with the intention of moving all the photos onto it and...
Lotrimin, or monastat (the 7 day one) both will kill the yeast and cam be applied at every diaper change. Baths with baking soda to soothe, then a rinse of dilluted apple cider vinegar (for the yeast) also help. If you don't kill the yeast in the rash he will just keep infecting the diapers. Lots of diaper free time or at least no diaper cover will help too. Good luck! Yeast is a beast to deal with...
  32 Weeks