or Connect

Posts by stephbrownthinks

Probiotics and Vit. D Drops here!
20 weeks   24 weeks   29 weeks   30 weeks   31 weeks   There, I'm all caught up! Currently 31 weeks and due Dec 22nd with our second boy :)
My MIL buys me the Joe Boxer pj's from KMart every year too. I love them. They're thick and warm and have a lot of cute patterns. I think they are usually buy one get one free after thanksgiving.
Oh no! Haha not what I was hoping to hear... oh well, it could be worse I suppose. I'm due with DS2 in Dec and keep telling my husband "I can't wait to be diapering a baby that won't be trying to get away from me!" The crying I can handle... its the flailing and rolling and basically crocodile wrestling that frustrate me.
I forgot, something else I do if we're at home and DS has a messy poop is to put him on the toilet and spray him off with the diaper sprayer. Or set him in the sink and just wash his bum in there. He doesn't love it, but puts up with it more than the changing table:)   For those of you that have older children who have gone through this phase, when did it end??? My friend runs a daycare and all the kids my son's age (16 months) lay there calmly. I'm hoping there's an...
We don't always have healthy creative balanced days:) We spend between $50-75 a week on groceries, usually around $60. I'm part of a CSA ($18/wk) so that's where we get the majority of the veggies and fruits. Occasionally a coworker or my parents will drop us off a box of produce from their garden as well, which will cut down our grocery bill even more.   I do make DS a smoothie every morning with a variation of what was listed. That is his guaranteed healthy meal of the...
3:30pm and my 16m DS (no longer nursing but drinking raw milk and almond milk) has eaten:   Breakfast: Smoothie made w/: 3/4 C yogurt few tablespoons blueberries 1/2 banana tablespoon almond butter teaspoon flax seeds handful of spinach piece of cauliflower   1/2 c oatmeal   Lunch: Leftover garlic mashed potatoes (1/4 c maybe?) 1/4 c chicken breast few table spoons peas   3/4 c. keifer   Snack: 1/2 hard boiled egg 1/2...
I'll be watching this for replies.   DS started fighting diaper changes around 10 months or so and I've been waiting for him to get over the "phase" everyone assured me it was. He's 16 months now and still throwing fits only now he's bigger and stronger:) Occasionally he's fine, sometimes a song, tickling, something interesting will work, but most of the time its a struggle and he's trying to roll away and kick the whole time. If it looks like there won't be any way...
I'm still pregnant with DS#2 (due Dec 22nd) and DS1 just turned 16 months. They'll be about 19 months apart. I think its different for every family/situation, but we felt totally ready to have another! DS1 was and is an easy baby and I really wanted him to be close in age to a sibling. I have some friends who have 3 year olds and still can't imagine having another one yet:) For me the only hard part so far has been that I can't rest/sleep when I'm tired like I could when...
YES! We have this problem too. DS has a million jackets that fit him only during the summer... when it was 103 outside. Family seems to buy DS jackets, shoes, and cutesy pjs. Then again I don't mind too much because nice jackets and brand name shoes are way more expensive than pants/clothes so we're lucking out not having to buy them. DS2 is going to be born in a completely different season that DS1 so I'm hoping DS1's jackets will get some good use:)